Torque Monsters

SaltyEx

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01EX XLT
There have been a ton of negative comments towards these guys in most of the header threads I have gone through. Monday, I sent one email with no response and called them with no response. Thursday, I called and a young woman named Erica answered. She was very helpful and forthcoming with the info regarding her father's accident and long recovery. I purchased my headers at lunchtime Thursday and they will be here on Friday. She did say that due to Al's accident that they are far behind on production. I suggest to anyone who wants these to call and speak directly with her. I paid just shy of 900 after taxes, shipping and handling to get them to Conroe, TX by Friday. These guys will have me as a customer again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its a accident now thats putting them behind. new excuse. they have always said they will be shipped by this or that day but never happens because the coater didnt have them back, the shipping company didnt pick them up, the shipping company didnt pick them up to get coated/from the coater, it was a long weekend, ect. post a pic of the box when you get them. trust us, your no different then everyone else when it will come time for you to receive them. btw, everyone has talked to erica. she is the only person that answers the phone.....when she isnt prego, or in labour.

The hard part is always getting to talk with Erica -- once you've made that contact, at least something seems to happen.

But, I probably called over a dozen times -- first time I called I got Erica on the phone and got the order in/paid for. Ten (or more) calls later when the headers were months late, I finally got Erica on the phone again and a week later, got my headers.

E-mails and phone messages left with whoever else answered the phone were a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the headers, they're near works of art but damn the customer service needs serious improvement

I have seen their shop about 2 years ago when I dropped by to pick up my set.

Small shop in a strip warehouse type building.

Only (1) guy does the TIG welding and about (2) guys bend and pre-cut the component parts and place them in shopping carts.

With all of the complex angles and fits I'll bet it takes about a week to TIG a set.

Precision TIG welding is not easy.

I'm not defending anyone but just saying.

its a accident now thats putting them behind. new excuse. they have always said they will be shipped by this or that day but never happens because the coater didnt have them back, the shipping company didnt pick them up, the shipping company didnt pick them up to get coated/from the coater, it was a long weekend, ect. post a pic of the box when you get them. trust us, your no different then everyone else when it will come time for you to receive them. btw, everyone has talked to erica. she is the only person that answers the phone.....when she isnt prego, or in labour.

Wow, I hate to hear that. I need this build done by the end of this month.

The hard part is always getting to talk with Erica -- once you've made that contact, at least something seems to happen.

But, I probably called over a dozen times -- first time I called I got Erica on the phone and got the order in/paid for. Ten (or more) calls later when the headers were months late, I finally got Erica on the phone again and a week later, got my headers.

E-mails and phone messages left with whoever else answered the phone were a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the headers, they're near works of art but damn the customer service needs serious improvement

They supposedly sold me a complete pair that someone else backed out on. I hope that it won't take more than a week. Any longer than a month and I won't need them anymore. My friend is being discharged from the army soon. He used to tig headers for most of the street racers in my area. I need this truck running now though.

TIG gear is only the first part.

You need an exhaust pipe bender for all of the short radius bends and a good table saw for the cuts.

Then the fitting jigs to make everything line up.

When you get them you will see.

TIG gear is only the first part.

You need an exhaust pipe bender for all of the short radius bends and a good table saw for the cuts.

Then the fitting jigs to make everything line up.

When you get them you will see.

He worked for a local race shop here before enlisting. Once he finally makes it home, he will have everything needed. These v8 headers won't be so hard to come by then. Its up in the air when though. I am sure will take his time getting home.

S.S.D.D with Al'a headers I was fortunate enough to get my $ back and got the OBX headers.

I have seen their shop about 2 years ago when I dropped by to pick up my set.

Small shop in a strip warehouse type building.

Only (1) guy does the TIG welding and about (2) guys bend and pre-cut the component parts and place them in shopping carts.

With all of the complex angles and fits I'll bet it takes about a week to TIG a set.

Precision TIG welding is not easy.

I'm not defending anyone but just saying.
This guy knows.

It's a small shop and explorer headers are a drop in the bucket for them.

Where I'm at we can build manifold cats all day long on escapes and camrys. Make 3k per ticket no questions asked. those take about 5 hours to remove, jig, weld up, install. or we can do cats on an 03 Silverado for 650 a pair in about 10 minutes. What are we gonna focus on?

The long jobs (building headers, manifold, whatever) are gonna be back burnered as filler work.

I ordered a set then forgot about it the best I could, Was a nice surprise when they showed up.

They are here! A day late, but here. Wow, awesome work. Once I figure out how to post picks, I will get some up for you guys. I am happy with them. The fed ex tracking said that they were not shipped until Wed, when they should have been shipped last Friday. But, with all the horrible stories I read I cannot complain. I am starting my install tonight once my girls go to bed.

Back