• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

TRUCKHAVEN: The redemption run! April 19-20th

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
well I guess I won't make it afterall. I have to get the jeep smogged so it will sell and that is gonna take most of my money. :(

My tags we're up in Feb. I still havn't had time to smog it...:rolleyes: At least the tags are paid for though:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
...mark, did you get my pm yesterday??? ..and i want to see pics of you attacking show's hill...:D

Yup.. and I sent an email.. (I'll send it again to play it safe)...

I do need more seat time on terrain like shows hill.. I need to pick better lines.

~Mark

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...hmm, i never received it...i'll keep an eye out and will reply pronto...;)

...i think your new set up will do great out there now...show's hill will be a piece of cake...:thumbsup:

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I still have two things to do before I think I'll make shows hill easy..

LS up front (its sitting in the shed).. and the SOA in the rear... The broken spring and broken RA bracket repairs put a hold on those additions..

~Mark

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...you are open up front??? ...well, each time i've gone out there show's hill has gotten smoother...when you went thru it, it was recently roughed up by the rain, un-earthing the boulders...;)

...dang-it, now i really want to go...:(

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Yup.. open up front.. thats why i can make the turns in the ditches.. unlike some people *Big Grin*

That hill is cursed though.. it took out a radiator hose, a rs9000 shock adjuster, bent the RA brackets some, added some dents... But it was still worth a shot.. and was fun..

~Mark

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...my tank, um, my X turns...:p:...btw, still no email...i'll resend my addy...;)

Black Goblin

Reaction score
City, State
Tolono, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 GC 4x4 92 Ex 4x4 33s
My tags we're up in Feb. I still havn't had time to smog it...:rolleyes: At least the tags are paid for though:D

I paid them its just gonne cost on repairs and smog test.:thumbdwn:

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
They gave Char some good pain killers. She'll be home enjoying herself while we're out playing;)
I guess I should read all the posts before making any replies.....Good to hear she is okay, wish she was coming out though. No Char, No Kevin, No Danny............why even have a campfire???:p:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm packed and ready. I even bought a new BBQ tonight. Can't wait to get out there:bounce:

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
looks like me and my friends will be out pretty late friday night. the navajo is on its wheels, but its still got a 75% day of work planned out for it tomorrow :rolleyes:

mark, if you think up shows hill is fun, go down it. there's a really nie turn when your going down ;)

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
I guess I should read all the posts before making any replies.....Good to hear she is okay, wish she was coming out though. No Char, No Kevin, No Danny............why even have a campfire???:p:

Hmmm, I did get the Loaned Ranger running again and have no major plans this weekend. I'm just being a cheap ass. I already gave Uncle Sam $9,000 this week.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
You know you wanna come danny!!:D:p:

Well I made it to work, with the truck and trailer. I think I have a short somewhere though. Already lost 2 fuses this morning on the truck, one for the trailer brakes, and then on the way here the trailer running lights:rolleyes: Also I noticed this trailer is alot hevier then that u-haul I had last time:( I may stop at the truck stop and weight this hole thing. Need to move the explorer forward on the trailer too, it's not sitting exsactly on the support rails, so it's starting to sink through the mesh floor:eek:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Life is good... I'm online through high speed Internet at Truck Haven:D:thumbsup:

So far it's just Paul and I. We're both taking advantage of the solitude and just chillin' this afternoon.

m4dc0w

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 97XL
Have fun guys, maybe next year I'll make the drive down. :thumbsup:

Get lotsa pics/vids....

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
I'm here and got my tent setup...

~Mark

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Hmmm, I did get the Loaned Ranger running again and have no major plans this weekend. I'm just being a cheap ass. I already gave Uncle Sam $9,000 this week.

Leave now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
But all that gas and rum gets expensive!!! Plus I'm living in a tent, not a fancy motorcoach with internet service.

One a side note, my Superduty started choking out and dying on the way home from work. Not sure if it's fuel filter or fuel pump, but either way I'm thankful I'm not sitting between here and Truckhaven having these issues.

I've been to Truckhaven 5 times and never seen a rollover. All the rollovers happen when I'm not there so be careful.