TRUCKHAVEN: The redemption run! April 19-20th | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TRUCKHAVEN: The redemption run! April 19-20th

well I guess I won't make it afterall. I have to get the jeep smogged so it will sell and that is gonna take most of my money. :(

My tags we're up in Feb. I still havn't had time to smog it...:rolleyes: At least the tags are paid for though:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...mark, did you get my pm yesterday??? ..and i want to see pics of you attacking show's hill...:D

Yup.. and I sent an email.. (I'll send it again to play it safe)...

I do need more seat time on terrain like shows hill.. I need to pick better lines.

~Mark

...hmm, i never received it...i'll keep an eye out and will reply pronto...;)

...i think your new set up will do great out there now...show's hill will be a piece of cake...:thumbsup:

I still have two things to do before I think I'll make shows hill easy..

LS up front (its sitting in the shed).. and the SOA in the rear... The broken spring and broken RA bracket repairs put a hold on those additions..

~Mark

...you are open up front??? ...well, each time i've gone out there show's hill has gotten smoother...when you went thru it, it was recently roughed up by the rain, un-earthing the boulders...;)

...dang-it, now i really want to go...:(

Yup.. open up front.. thats why i can make the turns in the ditches.. unlike some people *Big Grin*

That hill is cursed though.. it took out a radiator hose, a rs9000 shock adjuster, bent the RA brackets some, added some dents... But it was still worth a shot.. and was fun..

~Mark

...my tank, um, my X turns...:p:...btw, still no email...i'll resend my addy...;)

My tags we're up in Feb. I still havn't had time to smog it...:rolleyes: At least the tags are paid for though:D

I paid them its just gonne cost on repairs and smog test.:thumbdwn:

They gave Char some good pain killers. She'll be home enjoying herself while we're out playing;)
I guess I should read all the posts before making any replies.....Good to hear she is okay, wish she was coming out though. No Char, No Kevin, No Danny............why even have a campfire???:p:

I'm packed and ready. I even bought a new BBQ tonight. Can't wait to get out there:bounce:

looks like me and my friends will be out pretty late friday night. the navajo is on its wheels, but its still got a 75% day of work planned out for it tomorrow :rolleyes:

mark, if you think up shows hill is fun, go down it. there's a really nie turn when your going down ;)

I guess I should read all the posts before making any replies.....Good to hear she is okay, wish she was coming out though. No Char, No Kevin, No Danny............why even have a campfire???:p:

Hmmm, I did get the Loaned Ranger running again and have no major plans this weekend. I'm just being a cheap ass. I already gave Uncle Sam $9,000 this week.

You know you wanna come danny!!:D:p:

Well I made it to work, with the truck and trailer. I think I have a short somewhere though. Already lost 2 fuses this morning on the truck, one for the trailer brakes, and then on the way here the trailer running lights:rolleyes: Also I noticed this trailer is alot hevier then that u-haul I had last time:( I may stop at the truck stop and weight this hole thing. Need to move the explorer forward on the trailer too, it's not sitting exsactly on the support rails, so it's starting to sink through the mesh floor:eek:

Life is good... I'm online through high speed Internet at Truck Haven:D:thumbsup:

So far it's just Paul and I. We're both taking advantage of the solitude and just chillin' this afternoon.

Have fun guys, maybe next year I'll make the drive down. :thumbsup:

Get lotsa pics/vids....

I'm here and got my tent setup...

~Mark

Hmmm, I did get the Loaned Ranger running again and have no major plans this weekend. I'm just being a cheap ass. I already gave Uncle Sam $9,000 this week.

Leave now!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But all that gas and rum gets expensive!!! Plus I'm living in a tent, not a fancy motorcoach with internet service.

One a side note, my Superduty started choking out and dying on the way home from work. Not sure if it's fuel filter or fuel pump, but either way I'm thankful I'm not sitting between here and Truckhaven having these issues.

I've been to Truckhaven 5 times and never seen a rollover. All the rollovers happen when I'm not there so be careful.

Back