Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey man, thanks for the thread I've been looking everywhere but I cannot find much in the way of a lift for a 1995 explorer sport and I have checked pretty much all the big name manufactures.

So you are saying a ranger lift will work on a 1995 explorer sport?

thanks for the help.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

hey man, thanks for the thread I've been looking everywhere but I cannot find much in the way of a lift for a 1995 explorer sport and I have checked pretty much all the big name manufactures.

So you are saying a ranger lift will work on a 1995 explorer sport?

thanks for the help.

yes, basically.
the front suspension is the same on the 98+ Rangers.
There are some slight differences, one being rotor size, but I don't know the specifics.

but all that info is out on the board

thanks bro, I dig that bumper bar where did you get it and man DBR has some kick butt parts this is the kind of site I was looking for.

OK fellas call me dumb but Where can you get A 2, 4 or 6 inch kit for an AWD 96?

alright my lifted sport
its pretty much the basic
3" BD
cranked and shackled
plan on gettin 4dr springs soon
and the tires are 33x12.5x15 TSL's
and the wheels 15x8 pro comp rock crawlers
also a glasspack which i dont think sounds that bad for a 4.0L once it gets broke in

l_51fca893d9064004bdae09c9b0ffebc3.jpg

l_d4d32fe694e74f8e9259101aafc63d37.jpg

l_f3aa254015a949d7a9f139ea0f96ed37.jpg

l_2d7e22c955554a848507f9db89ffd7f4.jpg

pshaxe

hey man looks good I have a 95 4x4 Sport and I wanna do something like what you done. I shackled and TT but do you mean by, 3" BD?.... and makes this awful squeaking nose... do you have any of that?

thanks

oh and how bad do your 33's rub or do they?

he has a 3" bodylift

i had a little bit of rubbin and i didnt wont to cut anything up so i just took the trim pieces off that were at the bottom.
and BD meant body lift
but i did have a some squeakin underneath the drivers side. it just seemed to go away though.
now i got a loud clunking noise in 4x4...
i got to get a new hub
yeahhhhhhhh..:D

he has a 3" bodylift

even with a 3" bodylift and TT, 33x12.50 can still rub. Even without the tupperware.

my TrXus STS rubbed like mad.

Project95

yea I think that's my next project BD lift and wheels and tire I just don't want to spend that much on wheels... anybody know where I can get some steel wheels cheap?

oh and yea after I TT I have a real bad squeak under the driver side can't figure it out?? and was the BD hard to how long did it take you to complete?

lets keep this thread on track, if you have questions use the search feature, or PM (private message) him :)

Man looking at all these Xs is getting me excited :D I should be doing a TT and Shackle lift on my X this next weekend and I am planning on ordering a 3 inch body lift for it and in a month or two getting some 31s for it.

Man looking at all these Xs is getting me excited :D I should be doing a TT and Shackle lift on my X this next weekend and I am planning on ordering a 3 inch body lift for it and in a month or two getting some 31s for it.

uhhh... like Froader said... 31's will look PUNY with even a 3" BL.
the stock 235/75/15 ar about 29"

ok.. so I guess in this pic I'm actually running my 31x10.50x15 Timberlines.

there ain't much (if any) of a TT on there, only the 3" BL.

edit: but if you have tupperware and don't want to get rid of it, definitely don't wanna go to a 33x12.50 unless you wanna cut the tupperware.

So with what I plan on doing how big do you think I can go? Also I only have a 4.0L so I dont want to go to drastic. I dont want to loose to much power and fuel milage.

damn, i wanna go wheelin :(

99ex22
thats a nice grill
whered you get it?
and love the X.

Back