Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you could sell a 3rd gen for $9500 I wouldn't even have mine right now lol. But good luck.

Looks nice man, but seems to me $5000 is a little steep for a 2nd gen. Talk him down ;-)

Come to the solid axle side!

Definitely would talk him down quite a bit. Its listed way to high for my liking, but I did talk down the seller of my Explorer $3000 :D

If you could sell a 3rd gen for $9500 I wouldn't even have mine right now lol. But good luck.

Mine blue books at $10500 and thats about the going price here in Utah.

Say it aint so.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do or decide to get Nate. :thumbsup:

You're welcome. Hopefully you will keep us posted on whatever you are building.

Well if its an Explorer or Ranger, you'll find a registry here in this subforum.
If its a Jeep, I'll find somewhere for a registry on here...

Well I've bought a vehicle now. A 2001 Ford Explorer XLT with a V8.

together.jpg

05.jpg

And the place I left her :( I'll miss her, especially if I see her around town.

She's at Avis Car Sales in Ogden if anyone would like to rescue her and love her. :)

I have a good update for you all....
So......

I found it for sale....

And its a little more beat up by a dent or two. Easy fix.... Anyway... The guy is interested in trading for my Jeep. So there is a chance that I will own this again.

It now has 102,000 miles. The key cylinder in the door doesn't work anymore. The rear left quarter has two nice dents in it. And the interior has a few burn holes from cigarettes... Advance Trac light is on, a TPMS sensor is broken, and the 4x4 high light flashes (read that it is generally due to a ground issue).
I have two options. Keep my Jeep and build it, higher cost. Or to fix my old Explorer back to pre sale condition which would be around $1000

explorer-1_zps4e996fba.jpg

I like the looks of your old Ex and love Explorers, but you would be better off keeping the jeep, it has better capabilities that you like unless you plan on doing a sas or two on the Explorer...plus who knows what else may come up on the Explorer that the guy is neglecting to tell you..

I would only the trade if you are serious about building up the explorer; ie, BTF uppers, Rancho quicklifts with spacers or fox coilovers, rear locker or truetracs front and rear, and rocksliders. Otherwise I will berate you endlessly when you complain about it not being good off-road :).

Back