Moab 2006 Chat Thread | Page 37 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2006 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
crap, crap, crap! It looks like i'm not going to make it this weekend. I just put a new driveshaft in the navajo last night, and when i was checking out other stuff under the rig, i noticed on of my braided brake lines was mostly crushed where it curved around the spring. The other side was fine around the spring, but it looked a little bent where it goes into the caliper. I barely put any pressure on it, and it broke off. So i need to re-route some new lines. Summit won't get them to me in time for the run. Sorry guys, i was really looking forward to meeting you this weekend. Do any of you have some pics of your front brake line routing with long travel suspension? Thanks, Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Diff Whack Daddy said:
Set the e-brake, set it for 5 and 5 on the edge, and try to accelerate. I am not saying drive arround with the e-brake on, but use it to simulate a load.

The clutch used to slip on the Edge Juice 5 setting (all out mode), in 5th gear.

The clutch does not slip anymore on the 5 setting. The truck is a freaking ROCKET.

I'll drive it to work and back tomorrow, that will be good enough to break the clutch in.

:D

Brian1 said:
Rubicon in August sounds even better :D I have already made plans for Rubicon and Fordyce in August.

I can't do August. I am already pushing it with the near home run the last weekend. With the baby, all the visiting family, you know. She is supportive of my hobby, but there is a limit ;)

the hoe said:
Do any of you have some pics of your front brake line routing with long travel suspension? Thanks, Alan

Move the hard lines to behind the coil buckets. Use a weak spring and attatch it to the frame where the radius arm bracket use to be. The spring will keep it out of the way during stuff and flex during droop. The only draw back is it will rub paint off your shock.

hey kevin, I'll make the long journey to evans with you? does that make you feel better? :D

I'm all packed, leaving @6am! Got the rigs loaded and strapped down, whiskey in the glove box all ready for the 21 hour drive! see you all thursday afternoon!

GPS is now loaded with waypoints and routes and past tracks so MY group won't get lost. :D

John and I will be packing up and heading out tomorrow night. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Damn! The weather calls for highs of 85-95 Friday-Sunday. :eek:

We found a pet sitter so Char will be joining us afterall :thumbsup:

We're heading out tomorrow morning. :exporange

Rick said:
We found a pet sitter so Char will be joining us afterall :thumbsup:

We're heading out tomorrow morning. :exporange

I had to read that twice before I understood it. I though you said you found a pet sitter for Char! :eek: See everyone tomarrow!

I'm off to Japan. Wish I was on my way there :( Take care and have a great weekend.

Picked up the tow rig last night and get the trailer tonight. Headed out early tomorrow morning. Stay safe Kevin and we will get a good wheelin' trip when you get back wherever it is. See everyone else this weekend. :thumbsup:

RangerX said:
Damn! The weather calls for highs of 85-95 Friday-Sunday. :eek:

Ooookay, shorts it is then! Anyone ever wear hiking sandals on the trail? Bad idea?

Well, we arrived about an hour ago at Moab. Canyonlands Campground, space 17 (all the way up the first row near the back, right next to where Tom Davis is staying). It is pretty hot right now, but this morning it was 44 degrees in Cortez, Colorado.

Glad to see you made it Brian :thumbsup:

Now we just need a live web cam :p

I'm sure someday we''ll get to that level

Stic-o said:
Now we just need a live web cam :p

I'm sure someday we''ll get to that level
We'll see if we can oblige :D

What do you want the webcam pointed at?

****! I was looking at the front axle on the explorer and it seems the driver side axle on the dana 44 is to short. When i bought the axle the guy gave me the wrong one. Hopefully i cant get it fixed by tonight and stay on schedule. But who knows...

Diff Whack Daddy said:
Where and when is that trip? It has to be sometime between July 4th(when I get back) and before mid August when 90ranajo gets back from so he can't go.
That's some BS Kevin. I can't help it that your boat acually got out of the yards on-time for once.

BKennedy said:
Well, we arrived about an hour ago at Moab. Canyonlands Campground, space 17 (all the way up the first row near the back, right next to where Tom Davis is staying). It is pretty hot right now, but this morning it was 44 degrees in Cortez, Colorado.
I got in about 2:30pm. I'm in spot #56 next to where Rick will be.

Also gas is $2.99 at the gas station in front of Canyonlands.

Is there internet access there at the campgrounds?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep, free too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back