Dub Esinem Floater? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dub Esinem Floater?

What do you think of puttin 22" Dub Esinem Floaters wrapped in some Toyo Proxes S/T on a 2004 Explorer Limited (Black). I found someone says they can get me that set for $2500, but I dunno if he's legit so I asked him if he can do a COD but I haven't got a reply yet. These retail for over $6000 for that same set so I smell somethin fishy. BTW, the floater/spinner would be chrome and the backdrop would be black. And if you don't like spinners/floaters, I don't give a **** so don't trash my topic. Thanks! :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not a big fan of spinners. They've just lost they're magic. But I DO like floaters. I think they look awesome moving. Got a link to the wheels? 2500 kinda makes me wonder too. Sounds like they might be a blem or something.

A link to the person that's selling him for $2500? He's someone I know through friends of friends etc... I don't really know him so that's why I'm skeptical. If he's legit though I'll give you his contact info and stuff. All I have is his e-mail atm. (or her? I don't even know lol)

Yah if they were just regular spinners, I get some other ones cause I can get 22" spinners with tires for like $1700. But floaters sound f'in awesome. I've never seen them yet here so I'd be like the first one. People will be like wtf when they see me drivin and my rims floatin. Have you seen any before?

Yea there's a couple of Impalas and Caprices riding around with them. I think they just look awesome. I remember a while back some guys were putting weights at the bottom of the spinner to try to get the same effect and stop them from moving, but it doesn't always work the same. You just get this pendulum action.

Yah. I really hope this guys legit cause I love those rims. Not only do they float but the look nice. Escpecially with the black backdrop

i have no idea what floaters are. but the chrome w/ black backdrop sounds pretty tight (especially if u gotta black truck)...make sure u get some pics if you get them dude...

Of course I will dude!

floaters are rims that stand still when driving, they dont spin or anything. Up to like 75 MPH or somewhere in the low-mid 70's. So when you're driving, everyone can see what your rim looks like which is pretty phat if you ask me. Yah my truck is black

yeah the FLOATERS are one BAD A$$ rim. Back when i first got my X i wanted a set so bad til i saw the price tag on them but like most here i ended up with a lift and 32" tires instead.

Good luck on the rims and like everyone else i want to see some pics of these things if u get them

Yah i'll get pic fo sho. just gettin the actual rims is the hard part lol

How come? He can do the same thing with PayPal. I can pay him using paypal, then he can have the money transferred to his bank account. That way its safer for us.

I have a few hundred in my paypal, the rest will be paid by CC. Paypal has an up to $1000 garauntee and since the rest is being paid with my CC, I can always stop my payment on the CC...

PayPal also takes around 5% of the final price. That's a big loss for a $2000 purchase. He's got more feedback than you, all positives. I think he can be trusted.

Yah but these are really $6000. Paypal only takes around 5% if you have the premeir account, not if you have the personal use one.

To receive from a credit card you've gotta have a business account.

O yah, ok, well I checked, it's 2.9% + $0.30. I can pay for that. Or half of it. I'm sure he won't mind that much. Just other things are stopping me from paying using some other method.

Ok now the guy that I supposedly bought these rims off of is no longer a registered eBay user? WTF?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very odd. He must've ripped someone off. I know Section525 lives in Chico, maybe talk to him if this deal doesn't go through.

Back