• Register Today It's free!

East coast meet & ride

FreeWheelin4x4

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4.0 OHV 3.55
I was curious how many people would be interested in a weekend meet and ride to Paragon come spring time. I know it's close to the Attica run, however I'd like to go up there and get a few people together that may not want to run out to Attica, or who are like me and want to stick to something small.

I don't have a date in mind yet, wanting to see how many are interested first to find out how much a group rate would be. I was thinking of the green 1-3 and blue 1 trails up there, again something small, easy, and not too aggressive for those of us with little or no experience, or even stock or barely over stock rigs.

I for one never been off-roading (aside of fields to retrieve deer) and would like to try it on small things. I'm sure there's others out there as well.

I do know they charge $150 for a trail guide, or 1 member to take their 15-30 minute "training" program (simple video). So depending who all wants to take that guide responsibility (I can't, no experience, it'd be like blind leading the blind haha) we can avoid the 150 for a trail guide from Paragon.

Again I know it's close notice to Attica, but was thinking of a nice newb meet/great and run, even you experienced people are welcome, come teach us a few things :p

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depending on the date i would be interested. i have been offraoding before and have come way too close to breaking things so i would also like to just do some easy trails. so once people start getting interested and a date going, i would love to go.

Depending on who goes and when it is I may ride along with someone. There will be the anual run after Carlisle. Thats late spring though.

We already have a guide who works at Paragon if needed. I'm up for some trails in Spring.

Cool deal, few more people and I'll work on date and pricing info. Trail guide on the forums that works there will be a great help hopefully =D Maybe he'll chime in shortly.

FreeWheelin4x4 said:
Cool deal, few more people and I'll work on date and pricing info. Trail guide on the forums that works there will be a great help hopefully =D Maybe he'll chime in shortly.

He currently doesn't visit this site cause he was banned. Pricing is normal, $35 to enter, he doesn't charge fees other than alcohol. Just make sure your truck is ready to hit the trails.

I may be game for a trip depending on when it is....I've wanted to go to Paragon for a while.

Blee, is there a name to ask for up there then when we head up, or is he the usual? Hell for a guide I'll pay for his drinks at the bar afterwards ;)

Still working on the details. With the other ride on the new land in May, and the official ride in the same neighborhood, I'm working out dates right now that would be good for those that are going to the other 2 rides. I don't want to tax peoples rigs/trucks and wallets anymore than I want to do to myself =)

By springtime our guide may not be in PA anymore but no sweat, he has already told me who I can contact if we need a guide. Hell there are a bunch of us who have been there who can guide after watching the 30 minute video. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get all the GPS waypoints for every trail.

That'd rock. I'm not savvy yet on off-road so I'm opting myself out of the video, I'll let one of you trail guru's take that task :p

So I know what time frame to narrow it down to, of everyone that wishes to go, what month(s) would be better for you guys? That'll help me figure it out a bit more and organize this thing. I'm thinking breakfast before hand (yep, that means we'll get up early haha), picnic type lunch along one of the green trails (looked like from pics there's places to pull off in grass), maybe dinner or bar afterwards (depending on how many underage people we pull in) or a food/bar combo like Damons or something (not sure what's in the area, never been there, few phone calls I can find out.).

So lemme know what month(s) would be best for you guys and we'll start working on this so we can get off work and what-nots. :)

Hey guys i would interested in meeting up for that run

Ut, welcome to the forum! What month(s) are good for you?

I'm in. Any month is good.I'll make time for wheeling.

i would be down, any month with some notice should be fine

count me in, as long as all goes well ill be geared and locked by then. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D ;) :eek: ive seen te vid as well so if you cant get batman to guide you were still good to go. Others have also been up there a few times, so we will definatly have a few people who know their way around.

I dought that my B11 would be ready in spring. Be interested in a late summer one if there was any.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, just an update.

I'm thinking April or May. If that works for everyone.

Weekend or day ride, up to drivers. Stockers to heavy modified are welcome! Us stockers will stick to the greens, blue 1 and maybe blue 2 depending on trail conditions, and other factors, up to the trail guide and driver.

Any particular date's or weekends (I'm even down for a weekday or two ride) let me know in those months and we'll proceed further with this =D.

Back