Elessar65's Money Pit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Elessar65's Money Pit

Ok, well I figure its time to make a registry for my truck (translation: I'm really bored). Its kind of a work in progress, and will be forever most likely, just like the Explorer. :)
Anyways, on to the truck....
Its a 1998 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC, Emerald Metallic Green with Grey trim and interior. I have added a K&N FIPK, Hooker Aerochamber dual 2.5"in single 2.5" out and custom cat-back exhaust. An Xcal and tunes from BamaChips to take advantage of the free flowing intake and exhaust. 2" lift leaf packs from Carrier Spring and a TT up front. 265/75/16 (31.9" according to specs) Hankook RT03 MTs, and a Curt front hitch for a 99 (had to cut a notch in the front bumper). For communications I have a Uniden 538W in the dash with a 4' Wilson Flex sending and receiving the radio traffic. For tunes I have a Sony head unit, factory premium sound door and rear speakers, and a 10" MTX thunderform for a little bass. Also I put some clear tail lights on it after someone hit me and broke one of the originals. I just put a Richmond Powertrax No-Slip locking differential in it. You can read about that little mis-adventure elsewhere on here, but I got it all fixed up.
Well, thats about it for now I guess, Its got 174k an change on it, and still runs like a champ. The only thing I have ever had to replace were ball joints and a starter and battery.

15548_210194823792_714603792_4017360_3853258_n.jpg

16jq7pz.jpg

2j5f48p.jpg

Had to get a little dirty
34yr5uw.jpg

Limited Grip No More!
vil2yg.jpg

Gotta get that old gasket crap off
jt9h74.jpg

Crappy camera phone pics from Tuttle today:
29ur2mr.jpg

2vtcfbb.jpg

xodqbs.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha! Maybe some carnage pics from Frostbite!

nice x

Thanks

Haha, yeah. I was thinking about it today, gonna pack some cozy sweats and a hoodie for the drive home. If I end up cold and wet, I can dry off and change. :) I am planning on staying dry, which usually means I will end up soaked.

I'm officially in for Frostbite! Paid my money today.

More Pics Up!

20452_366104278792_714603792_4848625_2141185_n.jpg

New Front Disco's

Wrap those pin handles with electrical tape or something to stop them from clanking on every little crack in the road. This is what drives people nuts about those disconnects.

Warns, right?

yeah, I was gonna do that, or ziptie them together

They are Warrior Products disco's. I got them from Tellico.

Are these going to be tried out at frostbite.

Possibly, I don't have them on yet. I am a little leery about doing it without limit straps. They will definitely be on when I do the coil over setup since I'll be strapped then. :) Also I think i want to paint them, or maybe have them powder coated.

Nice looking explorer!
I was all about grabing those disco's, clicked into the website and saw $100. Ouch. No thanks. But it looks like quality stuff. Let me know how you like them when you get them on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, I wasn't really thrilled about the price either. But living in an apartment doesn't exactly lend itself to making your own stuff, lol. God I can't wait for my lease to be up so I can move someplace with a garage. Or at least a driveway, lol.

Back