If you had a second gen Explorer, what engine would you put in it? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If you had a second gen Explorer, what engine would you put in it?

Ac isn’t optional for me. I have no interest in showing up everywhere with a sweaty shirt.
I'm not usually too bad, as said, I make it work. Vent itself can be a lifesaver lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not usually too bad, as said, I make it work. Vent itself can be a lifesaver lol
AC is for creampuffs , I ripped the working AC out of my 89 F250 to make it easier to adjust the valve lash . I was able to get the right valve cover off without removing the plenum that way.

I'm not a barbarian though , I retrofitted floor vents from an early 80's truck . With a combination of floor vents and fly windows I'm good

AC is for creampuffs , I ripped the working AC out of my 89 F250 to make it easier to adjust the valve lash . I was able to get the right valve cover off without removing the plenum that way.

I'm not a barbarian though , I retrofitted floor vents from an early 80's truck . With a combination of floor vents and fly windows I'm good
Where do you live? It is still near 110 degrees here in Phoenix, I like AC. I've had to drive around for an entire summer with the heater on cause of a cooling issue that took awhile to resolve. If I was to swap an engine into anything, working AC would be top on the list.

Where do you live? It is still near 110 degrees here in Phoenix, I like AC. I've had to drive around for an entire summer with the heater on cause of a cooling issue that took awhile to resolve. If I was to swap an engine into anything, working AC would be top on the list.
I live in Mass. We have about 5 or 6 weeks of hot weather if you aren't stuck in traffic at midday you can get by without AC. I don't like AC because I get too comfy and then don't want to do anything in hot weather but hide. Tough to do that in Arizona I'll admit. I've never been to Phoenix but I've spent quite a bit of time in flagstaff and Tucson areas

Ac isn’t optional for me. I have no interest in showing up everywhere with a sweaty shirt.
My green daycab truck doesn't have AC and everyone knows I wear my seatbelt when driving that truck. It is a work in progress truck, it will eventually get AC.

My green daycab truck doesn't have AC and everyone knows I wear my seatbelt when driving that truck. It is a work in progress truck, it will eventually get AC.
I'll eventually fix mine as well, or it'll be like the X. I had the orifice tube which I believed to be the cause of the issue, but I just never got around to doing it for about a year lol
I've been here long enough to learn how to avoid Florida's heat and humidity, so usually I don't end up sweaty till I get where I'm going and have to get out, that's when I'm outside, working, or whatever. But once the windows are down and vent is running full blast, shes just fine, that and the seats being cloth, stay cool a little better than the leather.

Jacksonville isn't too bad with the humidity, Miami is brutal year round

Jacksonville isn't too bad with the humidity, Miami is brutal year round
Tell that to yesterday, was only about 85°F, but felt like 105°F due to it. It has been raining every day for over the last two weeks: morning sun hot as crap, afternoon showers/storms, (storms sometimes into the evening) then back to sunny and hot. Won't deny that Miami definitely has us taken though, but we still put up our fight here! lol
And this is why I wont move closer to the equator lol

No AC is for slobs and lazy people who can only remove non-working items, instead of actually fixing things.

No AC is for slobs and lazy people who can only remove non-working items, instead of actually fixing things.
Right my dad fixed the ac in my mom grand marq only took him a couple hours. Plan on doing the same with my pontiac.

My AC repair took all day I'm a bit a perfectionist
I use it when it's hot outside it's nice

This thread has a lot of swinging hammers and a puff pastry video. Cool....

A real man can handle working in the kitchen AND keeping a basic mechanical system working.
I worked as a cook, trying to go back once they rebuild, plus I work on my truck myself. I'm finally someones description of a man lol

I can make pancakes

NuagyPQ1oMsxnNGRTu80zCn6N9sLrCTrMybxDKkQNSw_kindlephoto-59595248.jpg

Some people may fail to get this joke and that's okay.
I have a dark sense of humor
It's for medicine duh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could take the heat without AC when I was younger, but it's a bigger deal as you age. 105* was hot but tolerable when I was 18, I mowed yards. But now 85-90* feels way too hot to be without AC if you don't have to.

Back