LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex

LD50 Full-size axle thread `93 Ex SAS

Hey fellow Explorer enthusiasts!

Well I never thought I`d do it, but it`s time.
I originally thought I would go to a smaller rig one day but I`m going to beef up the Explorer instead. Since I already have a huge thread on my previous work I decided to start fresh.

If you would like to see my previous mods, you can navigate from my signature link, or click here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=523171#post523171

~

My plans are to install a D44 and 9-inch into the station wagon and run 35 inch tires. Hopefully she`ll still get in the garage, but if it don`t then oh well. During this I also have some body work to do.

Right now I have the rear end out, I took off the spare tire hanger and removed the muffler and rear most heat shield. (doors are off for body work)Next the gas tank comes out so I can prep the underside for rust protection, from the t-case back. In the meantime I am trying to sell some parts for cash.

First big decision is what gear ratio. The 4.10`s on 33s was nice, but I think I`d like a bit more torque than that so I`m thinking 4.88 or 5.13s.

Attachments

• prep.JPG
    prep.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 10,433

Hello fellow Explorer enthusiasts!
I am officially not an Explorer owner anymore, BUT the Explorer is still in the family. I have gifted it to my son Riley, who turned 25 this August. One of the great things about sharing all my work here is we now have a record of all the various parts and methods used to assist with maintenance work into the future. Riley is quite skilled at working on vehicles, and vows to keep this thing going. If you see him around, say hi!

I`ve had so many great trips, and it wasn't easy to let it go, but I want to get into more long distance trips with my overland trailer build, which if you are interested, you can see here:

FSR Overland trailer

So what will I do now?
I have ordered a Ford Bronco Badlands 2 door with Sasquatch package to pull the trailer with, and if it ever gets built I do have some mods in mind, because I`m definitely still into that. I hope to finally get this early next year.

So special thanks to Rick for setting up this site, glad I had a chance to meet you in Moab. Also wanted again to thank everyone who chimed in and helped me along my path here, or anyone who was friendly and supportive along the way.

cheers

Back