Return from TDS '08 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from TDS '08

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder how many windows popped out of that thing when it landed?
If you build your van, what are you going to tow the Explorer with?

some close ups I forgot to post Bro of Jefe, DB1, Stic-o
P1010025_1-1.jpg

P1010024_1-1.jpg

P1010023_1-1.jpg

I just finally discovered why the ranger had no power at all on Sunday morning. This connector snapped off clean at the solenoid.

hmmm, now only getting that t-case out of low range.

Attachments

• 0314081838.jpg
    0314081838.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 226

VIDEO if you have 5 minutes of your life you want to waste remembering this weekend.

I'm still in the infancy stages of knowing how to edit video. I had a bunch of really bad footage from this trip, so therefore I made a bad compilation, then played with special effects. What better way to make it even worse than adding some rap music that talks about earthquakes, shaking it and bouncing.

Are your expectations good and low...Ok, now you can enjoy this video. I found this cool effect at about 1:08 into it where Stico-s truck gets all crazy. And if you're not in the video, I'm sorry(wish I could have gotten more Bkennedy, 90Ranajo), from the looks of it I was close to Froader and DB1 for most of the day and I didn't have the camera on for any of the other wheeling that weekend. Plus that Ranger with TTB springs on the solid axle really made for a bouncy ride so I can't blame it all on my camera man, but she has some learning to do and I have plenty of editing to keep learning.

Are your expectations good and low...

Dan that was awesome!!! :p: I didn't realize that remix was over 6 min long.

Seriously, nice work.

Speaking of late videos [cough]Stic-o[/cough] where is the Truckhaven 2008.
You really think a newborn, wife and house hunting is more important? Huh? :D

Yeah.. knew that question was coming:rolleyes:

I havn't touched it in awhile, even Burns asked me about it not to long ago. I can say that about the first minute and a half are done though:D

but yes ... evrything else has taken up my time. I'm 2000 miles over on my oil change in the 150 and the volvo:rolleyes: I actually got a chance to start the ex up for a few minutes the other day for the first time in months:(

I really appoligize guys:( Just know it will get finished..I promise;):thumbsup:

Seriously, nice work.

Thanks man, I had an idea of making a video like this and I took a ton of little lifestyle shots of stuff like your plate, Dave's Hub, etc. I wish I would have taken more of the group at the vendor area, the porsche on the trail, and the one good part of wheelin we did after the wash. My camera is still a very amateur level piece of equipment but I think my program is really easy to learn how to use if I get more familiar with it. I also should have added some of the stills into it...there's always next time.

What's your favorite part? I kept speeding up the part of you getting out of your truck until I was laughing out of control. I was trying to put some chinese subtitles over that part but couldn't nail down the font.

The effect that changed Stico's truck was purely an object of clicking the wrong button. I definitely have A.D.D. and just kept fixing this video until it was broke and this is what I ended up with. I've got too much material from other trips to keep working on this one so I'll get working on Moab '08 now.

Any part with Dave's truck in it is my favorite part. Even multi-colored it's just bad ass.

While they were bumpy, I liked the wash scenes.

Video editing is a learn as you go process. I have no doubt they'll keep getting better.

It's good, in a Blair Witch way. ;) :D

...That is a killer video, even if you are just learning editing..:thumbsup:

..Stic-o used to make some nice ones to watch..:(...:p:

ouch!!!!:(

Good job Danny, you can never have enough video though, your right.;)

...lol, I was just giving you a hard time..:D

....Stic-o used to make some nice ones to watch..:(...:p:
I think I remember the Stic Man doing something with video, but its been so long my memory is foggy.......hmmmmmm...........maybe it was someone else.....
Its okay Steve, kids do that to you......no more free time, eh brother??

Back