• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Return from Truckhaven first run fall '08

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Well another run in the can, and what a run it was:thumbsup:

I had to come home early because Arus had a baby shower to attend today, so I missed any night run from last night and todays runs. I will recap on the previous events though.

Friday night we had a pretty uneventful night run, however I found a new nothes spot yesterday that i hope they were able to find last night, including a new tunnel:D

Saturday we planned to start as a group and split, but never did. Dannyboy came ever so close to fliping his truck on his lid, and we had to do a recovery from him almost tipping. It was pretty crazy.:eek: not to long after DB1 showed us with ease how to do CJ Hill. RJ tryed...and end up are newest member of the rollover posse:roll::( Everybody was fine, but we all went into action to get him back up. Tracy, Dave and I went up from the backside for recovery. I winched him back over while Tracy and Dave played ancor to not pull me over the side when was back on all 4. Very little damage though. Fender, headerpanel and cargo window. I think the cage held everthing together and helped from doing more damage. After putting some ATF in and leeting the white smoke blow off, we were back on our way. a little while later we came through a super twisty area and Dustin being the last truck through popped a coil out. after a little while we got it fixed enough to make it to camp. Total we out from about 10am to 4pm Long run:eek: I have no pics, but I know there are some great ones coming.

April did awesome her first trip, and I know she'll be back out there again soon.:thumbsup:

F-150 did amazing towing! Ran the programer on level 3 and never had a issue. Pleanty of power and got 14mpg towing there and back:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
:ttiwwp:

Boomer12

Reaction score
City, State
Hesperia, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Raptor Screw
What a great trip!

The weather was just about perfect, and the only problem I had was a valve stem that cracked within 5 minutes of arriving. Other than that my little truck did very well, and I had an altogether awesome weekend...

Sorry guys, I forgot my camera at home so no pictures from me.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..:scratch:....What, no stories of show's hill????

..:wtf:...Now I get the no camera comment...:p:

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Oh man sounds like a eventful trip. I hate that for RJ but glad he had a cage and everything was as good as it could have been.

Im dying for pic too.....but can wait lol

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
<waiting for the camera guy to get home> :popcorn:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Sounds like a great time. Sorry to hear about your roll RJ. Glad you came out of it ok and the truck isn't too bad.

That hill has claimed a lot of parts... Got my drive shaft U-joint, and Fakrwee's front axle and joint. It's fun when you make it up though:burnout:

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
I forgot my only carnage...(to the explorer:rolleyes:) was after winch RJ back over I lost the "in" solinoid on my winch. So I can't real my line in:( Guess I'll have to call T-max

FAKRWEE

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Carlsbad, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Jeep Rubicon
This internet is something else. I'm in Mexico City airport waiting for my connection and can log on and check out the trip. Seems awsome to an old timer like me.

Sorry RJ, but welcome to the club. Man those rollcages are really paying off. Glad everything else went well on sat.

Can´t wait for sundays report!!!!!!!!!!!

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...How did Dblake like it out there???...Was Cybergasm and Ritsui there too???

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
I dont know why but i thought about y'all out there this morning, and just had a feeling RJ would roll his truck, and sure enough he did. I'm so sorry to hear it, but glad you and others are ok. I'm still so bummed i missed this weekend, and missed this momentous occasion of sorts. The way it sounds it was a slow tipover onto the side, not a full roll down CJ hill?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
It was a pretty good flop on to his side, but no he did not roll all the way over and down like he could of.

No Ritsui or cyber.

Blake diged it...Although 2wd in the notches isn't so great:(

zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
Sat night campfire for those that did not go on the night run We had outdoor movie night! We watched WErock the Hammers and then "Hulk" all on the side of PaulB's motorhome. Thanks for the power Paul, the projection unit Mark, and the boombox DB1. We expect to do this again if everyone remembers what to bring:D

Pic's to follow

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sat night campfire for those that did not go on the night run We had outdoor movie night! We watched WErock the Hammers and then "Hulk" all on the side of PaulB's motorhome. Thanks for the power Paul, the projection unit Mark, and the boombox DB1. We expect to do this again if everyone remembers what to bring:D

Pic's to follow
It was KOH King of the Hammers:rolleyes: Geez get it right:p:

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level

Paul B.

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orange, CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
It was KOH King of the Hammers:rolleyes: Geez get it right:p:

She even forgot Friday's movie Iron Man:p: :D

I knew we were pretty close to a roll over but not that close:eek::eek: Good thing I said STOOOPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that didn't stop me from rideing with you Danny for the rest of the day. I do it again. You, Ali & Diva are a fun group to ride with:D

zukman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Copy2ofP1010042.jpg

Copy2ofP1010043.jpg

Copy2ofP1010044.jpg

Copy2ofP1010045.jpg

Copy2ofP1010046.jpg

Copy2ofP1010047.jpg

And a NEW FLAG!!
P1010059.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I think both Dannyboy and RJ have new avatars available in all thos pics! :p:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zukman Return From Truckhaven MLK 2012 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 48
C Return from Truckhaven Turkey Day 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 35
R Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
R Return From Truckhaven 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
Stic-o TDS '09 Return to Truckhaven Mar. 6th-8th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
DB_1 Return from Truckhaven: Thanksgiving weekend '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 51
IZwack Return from Truckhaven Jan. 08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Tbars4 Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
R Return from Truckhaven 2007 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 104
BKennedy Return from Truckhaven 2001 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 83
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert - 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
DB_1 Return from Devils Canyon Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
LONO100 my return to genoa peak trail (near lake tahoe on the nevada state line) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
R Return From Picture Canyon Colorado Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Burns Return From Uwharrie Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Tbars4 Return from Geocaching Memorial weekend 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 14
Rick Return from Moab 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 109
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Desert Trail 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
zukman Return from TDS '10(or I was surrounded by the Highway Patrol) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
C Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 71
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
crazyflights Return from Moab -pre CCR09 Run -Pics Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Brian1 Return from the Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Pics, Video and Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 158
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
R Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
Rick Return from Moab 2009! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
DB_1 Return from King of the Hammers Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
John_Rock Return from Katemcy Rocks, TX - Feb. 21, 2009 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S Return from Tahuya, a.k.a. married man gets reprieve Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 46
Boomer12 Return from the LVY... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Brian1 *Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
R.J. Return from Johnson Valley Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 23
mounty71 Return from Big Bear Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
Paul B. Return of the redemption run '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 80
Tbars4 Return from the Mojave Trail March '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Diff Whack Daddy Return from Tahuya Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
R.J. Return from TDS '08 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 75
C Return From Glamis Carnage Run 2008 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
Boomer12 My streak continues...(return from Cleghorn) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 21
Boomer12 Return from yet another Big Bear snow run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 60
Ritsui Return from Silverwood/Arrowhead Snud Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
Boomer12 Return from Big Bear rain, wind, mud, rock, and yes even some snow run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 155
C Return From Azusa Canyon 11-11-07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 44
mounty71 Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 209
kert0307 Return from Cliffs Oct 20, 2007 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 26
JDraper Return from Rausch Creek Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64