• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Body:
  • the doors are coming back on as "skins".
  • the rear hatch will also be a "skin" but is moving forward about a foot to minimize overhang (this also means a foot needs to be removed from the rear quarter and the roof) .
  • not sure yet about the hood cauz a new intake plenum/manifold will be made (and hopefully move the torque curve down lower on the RPM scale), so we'll make decisions on the hood after all the engine related stuf is set.

As for the center of gravity - the vehicle as its sitting on the stands is about 2 inches lower than the first SAS config. Once its sitting on its own suspension and 40 or whatever inch tires, it should come down at least another 3 inches or so. So overall, the belly height (as measured from the future skid plate) will be around 24 inches - which is right around most rigs like F-toys and such. And aluminum/composites will be used for the interior tsssuu reduce weight.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

dkchrist

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4DR
WOW, tttuuuubbbeee work! Those are some busy pictures, definately and A++++ for fab skillz! Is this a monster truck or an explorer? :D

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
I hate that word :D
Would one of these synonyms work for you then:

Main Entry: monster
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: giant animal; supernatural being
Synonyms: Frankenstein, abnormality, barbarian, beast, behemoth, brute, centaur, colossus, demon, devil, dragon, fiend, freak, giant, hellion, horror, leviathan, lusus naturae, mammoth, miscreation, monstrosity, mutant, ogre, phoenix, savage, titan, villain, werewolf, whale

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Okay its not the words that I hate, its what it stands for :p:. IMO, "monster trucks" dont do anything really technical - just a bunch of showing off.

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
uummm and your not going to be showing off after building this thing?????

colindo94

Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
showing of with technicality

410Fortune

Flood Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified

Wow been wanting to see a pic like this for months, finally get to see part of the final picture... so jealous!! I live through these threads I am just getting started at my metal fab and B2 rebuild, so its nice to see how far you have come! what a wicked project!!!

This pic gives a bit of perspective on what you have built here, amazing, simply amazing.
I wonder what it weighs? LOL

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
I think the technical is kind of inherent of the nature of the project. I tried to keep the Megasquirt and car PC separate but those two are still highly intgrated with the rest of the vehicle.
Posted via Mobile Device

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Mr.President,
How are you going to get that out of the garage?

Reminds me of when Dick Van Dyke's character built Chitty Chitty Bang Bang inside, and couldn't get it out!

Sincerely,
Flip-flop :)

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
Mr.President,
How are you going to get that out of the garage?

Reminds me of when Dick Van Dyke's character built Chitty Chitty Bang Bang inside, and couldn't get it out!

Sincerely,
Flip-flop :)
A sawzall is your friend....

laxmankk11

Reaction score
City, State
damascus. md
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer
izwack,
i would love to be able to possibly come meet you one day and see this monster seeing how i live 10 minutes away, and you did give me good advice on my Tcase.
im a pro with car stereos and im an it analyst so if you ever need help just give me a holla

nice work tho:thumbsup:

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
The height shouldn't be a problem since this build will have a lower roof than the first SAS config. The front axle has always been the tricky part since its really wide. But since this D60 is only like 2 inches wider than my old D44 (which was an odd/rare D44 for its width), and since the new wheels have about an inch more backspacing, then the overall witdth should be about the same as the first SAS config. The new tire is going to be a bit wider but that's probably a minute problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Thanks laxmankk11, you should come to one of our Meet and Greets. We'll probably hold one towards the end of summer / beginning of fall.

Diff Whack Daddy

And the Roll Over Posse! Under the Hood Moderator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
Love the dome light :D
Posted via Mobile Device

laxmankk11

Reaction score
City, State
damascus. md
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer
i would love too, if its not too far, im turing it my two weeks notice today :thumbsup: i HATE my job. and school starts soon, going to MC and i finally get my X back today with a fixed tranny!!!!!:):D:cool:

Last edited:

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
Love the dome light :D
Posted via Mobile Device
yes, you can start hard wiring things in your truck to your breaker panel in your house when it sits in one spot for more than 2 years.

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
yes, you can start hard wiring things in your truck to your breaker panel in your house when it sits in one spot for more than 2 years.
Now that was funny. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
LOL well fortunately it hasnt been two years yet!!! :p: