Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

Post number 107 has been selected as best answered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently got a set, ordered in April arrived in September, over $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch

Mr gasket has sheets of gasket material at the local auto parts store for exhaust, can be used. The remflex gaskets are awesome, but I have never seen the material avail elsewhere

That smaller gasket is used on either Volkswagen or Porsche exhaust. It's an off the shelf part, from memory.
Any ideas for what?

Any ideas for what?
Sorry no, but if you Google Porsche exhaust gasket, and Volkswagen exhaust gasket, it'll get you on the path.

I grabbed a set of chevy small block round port Header Gaskets. I found them in the performance isle, off the shelf, same size, the bolt holes line-up and I cut it down for one port/hole. That left me with spares............................

Are you using studs in your heads with nuts on the header flange? If not, you should. This is the best way to attach headers.

A combination of quality, 12 point and 6 point, proper length, header bolts have always worked well for me on these engines. As difficult as some of these are to get too, an open end wrench was the only thing to work to get on them. I used a ratchet wrench and socket where I could.
The biggest key is retightening them after a couple heat cycles and then checking them periodically until they no longer need tightening.

absolutely true
Open ended wrench in some spots only due to the proximity of the tubes. Also you want to tighten each side down evenly from the middle out of course. I have owned my first set since 06 and installed many others, re sealed a few too....... I do not think studs with nuts will work with the TMH there is not enough room for the nuts

That smaller gasket is used on either Volkswagen or Porsche exhaust. It's an off the shelf part, from memory.

Sorry no, but if you Google Porsche exhaust gasket, and Volkswagen exhaust gasket, it'll get you on the path.
FOUND IT!!!!

Post #313. I knew it was in there. Been a LONG time since I read that whole install thread.

Yes use remflex and the porshe gasket (GAS 901 111 195 01) but I also recommend the locking header bolts. Haven't had any come loose but did have to cut the lock washers different shapes to get them to fit.

Back