Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

BKennedy said:
Yep, that was just like it.

Isn't that the guy that couldn't build a winner himself so he had Campbell build him one and put his name on the side?

There are atleast 5 or 6 of the campbell ones running around. Walker evans has one, cambell has one, the guy we saw at thaven, and there is one other guy ive seen with one that has a turbo charged 4cyl in it. I think I have seen a few more as well

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm Glad i couldnt make it my poor little stocker would have gotten stuck before i even got there

I am looking for a place that i can take my stock 4x4 for a little off road fun but not have to worry about getting stuck, broken, or damaging something, As the Explorer is my daily driver and all mod money goes to my 3000GT.

Christobal65 said:
I am looking for a place that i can take my stock 4x4 for a little off road fun but not have to worry about getting stuck, broken, or damaging something

There is plenty of fun to be had with a stock Explorer out at Truck Haven. We just found all hard stuff because the group that was out there were all pretty modified. My dad's buddy with a stock 2002 F150 said he had a blast out there. It's even fun with 2wd out there. :burnout:

Gave you some props Brian "Gopher". :D

Truckhaven is fun no matter what you are driving.....

Fenderguy said:
There is plenty of fun to be had with a stock Explorer out at Truck Haven. We just found all hard stuff because the group that was out there were all pretty modified. My dad's buddy with a stock 2002 F150 said he had a blast out there. It's even fun with 2wd out there. :burnout:

Gave you some props Brian "Gopher". :D

yeah Gopher with his 2wd that is locked and on 35's :rolleyes:

actually a 2wd would be a blast out there! Hello washs!! :D

Well since now i just got some new Bridgestone Dueler A/T's installed i might just have to join you for the next trip:)

Washes are a blast and i can keep up with some of the 4wd guys. I've almost convinced my dad to work on the Toy. If we can then i'll be crawling right on past you guys :eek: . I'm hoping to get out to TDS.

Gopher said:
Washes are a blast and i can keep up with some of the 4wd guys. I've almost convinced my dad to work on the Toy. If we can then i'll be crawling right on past you guys :eek: . I'm hoping to get out to TDS.
hell with that lift and the locker you could our crawl me as it is now :( :roll:

Gopher said:

You usually blow right past us in the washes. However, I am not too sure about your assumption that a Toyota can out wheel an Explorer.. :rolleyes:

Great vid stic-o. Looks pro.
Here's a couple of people pics.

Group1A.jpg
GroupRing.jpg

Brian you might be right..lol..It doenst have enough power to make it up hills. :D Gotta love 95 horses!

Gopher said:
Brian you might be right..lol..It doenst have enough power to make it up hills. :D Gotta love 95 horses!

And the lack of power steering really must suck with a locker.

You can lock those things up with some JB weld cant you?
hahaha

I don't think Gopher was locked his 1st time to Thaven. We've had plenty of stockers out there. Many of them have found that the stocker can do more than they thought. That place is a blast no matter what you bring!

Most of the trails out there can be done with a stocker because of all the bypass routes. For every difficult trial, there are 10 easy one's.

Stic-O- Nice video as usaual. Keep them comin'

Just found carnage from the Truck Haven run. One of the lower suspension links had a 1/2" grade 8 bolt break in two:eek: I looked under the truck and I thought the bolt was just severly bent, but when I put a wrench on it only one side spun. I'll be replacing all of my suspension bolts now as preventive maintenance.

This one was a real bugger to change. Getting the old one out was no problem, but getting the new one in was:frustrate :fire: Not something I would want to do on the trail.

I didnt find any damage to my suspention after truck haven but last weekend going up to big bear my track bar bracket seperated from the frame.

I was moving over on the trail to alow another vehicle some room and fell into a 1.5 ft or so deep crevas between two rocks. The front tire fell into it perfectly. This bent the rim and broke my trackbar bracket loose.

I got it repaired saturday morning by a local mobile welder guy. This was only done so I could get it home saturday afternoon. Monday morning I called FST and got a custom tracbar mount ordered. I had them make one like Hammer has on his truck. I am hoping it will be here sometime this week.

I also ordered another rim which should be here tuesday along with a hiem jointed tracbar from BCBroncos. I figured if I am going to upgrade a little might as well up grade it all.

This week I am ordering the stuff to build a over the knuckle hiem jointed steering system. That should just about break the bank and get everything ready for TDS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back