Truck Haven on New Years Eve... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven on New Years Eve...

rick you need to update your avitar =)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are my pics:
Dead Link Removed

bill2_640.jpg

zuki5_640.jpg

rockranger_640.jpg

rick__640.jpg

bill3_640.jpg

Geesh Bill..............you and the ground have quite a history!!!:D

Great Pics Rick! Good to see Tom's Zuk out there!

Robb

Looks like ya'll had some fun..

RangerX, could you have gotten any closer to rocks there? :)

Hmm, looks like a precurser to the T-haven run. Glad you guys had fun and stayed rubber side down. Now I know why Bill has that cage. :)

--Sean

Well, I'm home.

The F150 died at 55mph, on I10 in San Berdino, right in the middle of a construction zone. That means no shoulders for what seemed like miles! Somehow, I coasted it to a offramp area that had a small pull out. Waited a few minutes, and it proceeded to start and run, but it was totally gutless. Off it goes to the dealership later this week.

I had a fun, wheeling the zuk. The rubbing was chunking the tires pretty good, but it was awesome to go off camber and not really worry about putting it on it's side.. But the headstands, those are a rush. :) Thankfully, the crawler gears make them easier to do (no real momentum to worry about kicking the rear over you)

And watching Rick beat the daylights out of his bent rim was entertaining for a few minutes!

But the headstands, those are a rush.
zuki2_640.jpg

Yeah, the first thing I thought about when I saw this pic was, "don't hit the brakes!". LOL Looks like fun.

And watching Rick beat the daylights out of his bent rim was entertaining for a few minutes!
Any video of this? Anyone? Anyone? LOL

Man that sure beats what i did on newyears eve. I wish I had a 4x4 that could come play with you guys. Jopefully someday soon i will. As always rick great pics.

Originally posted by tdavis

But the headstands, those are a rush. :) Thankfully, the crawler gears make them easier to do (no real momentum to worry about kicking the rear over you)

Tom I know what you mean. Last headstand I did, I stalled it out and over I went! :roll:

Oh. I decided Tom actually is driving a 1/4 scale Explorer Sport :D

Originally posted by dejello
Looks like ya'll had some fun..

RangerX, could you have gotten any closer to rocks there? :)

Bill uses his sheetmetal a lot to round out the corners in the T-Haven trenches :D

Looks like a blast! Good to see pics of Tom's rig in action. Great photos Rick :) :D

Does that qualify as an R/C car then Rick? heh heh:p

Originally posted by GJarrett
Bill uses his sheetmetal a lot to round out the corners in the T-Haven trenches :D

Yeah Bill, thanks for rounding those corners off for those of us who don't want to ruin out pretty little new trucks. :p I was going to say that I'll follow Bill, then I remember how he wheels...

fcfbef5d.jpg

--Sean

Hey Tom I've come to the conclusion you need a rig as wide as a Hummer to keep you from tipping. I've never seen a pic of you with the tires stuffed and the rig level:D Do you have any? See ya soon.

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
Hey Tom I've come to the conclusion you need a rig as wide as a Hummer to keep you from tipping. I've never seen a pic of you with the tires stuffed and the rig level:D Do you have any? See ya soon.

hehehe.. That's no fun!

Try this one:

Dead Link Removed

As for the zuk - haven't take the time to get any yet! :D

Originally posted by DesertSpive
Yeah Bill, thanks for rounding those corners off for those of us who don't want to ruin out pretty little new trucks. :p I was going to say that I'll follow Bill, then I remember how he wheels...--Sean
I say we vote on whether to let Bill be a trailboss for the Jan. Annual Truckhaven Run.
I'll cast the first vote for - NO. :nono:

Hey Tom is that with the SAS already. Ah the memories.

John the advantage of having Bill as trail boss is seeing what line not to pick:D You just have to learn how to read him:eek:

HEY! I resemble that remark!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by FAKRWEE
John the advantage of having Bill as trail boss is seeing what line not to pick:D You just have to learn how to read him:eek:

BINGO! You got it! :D

Back