Xplodor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT 4x4
Hey all,

I've been so out of it the past months. I haven't been wheeling since November, and haven't been on the site since January. =(

Anyway, a few friends and I are doing a T-Haven run, anyone is welcome to join.

Some people may be coming Thursday, some may be leaving Monday. I personally will be coming out Friday night and leaving Sunday afternoon. Let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may have to go outta town but I will go with you if not.

Joe, let's get together soon since you live in LA too.

Sounds good.

Hi Ken, got any fun trips planned?

Baja Mountain Trail Run -- August '03

This August, a bunch of us are decending on the mountains south of Alpine, CA for some serious Mountain trail action. So far, 5 rigs - that includes mine, are taking on a few challenging mountain trails. Challenging in terms of stuff you'd find at the San Bernardino Natl Forest, but these trails are all unmarked and in Mexico. I know the locations of these trails, and several people are coming in from various parts of the country for this run.

Plus, this run will be around 1 week long - since there's so many miles of trails to hit, and it'll be set up under Rebel4X4.Net and the info will come up in FOURWHEELER Magazine in the next few months...

Here's a little info on the trails we're gonna hit.

Hey Ken,

Yeah I've moved to Redondo. I'm in San Diego doing training right now for some new software. Think you can make T-Haven?

Ron,

Will you be doing only Truckhaven, or will you also be in Ocotillo Wells? The terrain in Truckhaven made me real nervous. I thought I'd flip my truck several times from not being able to see the trail. I'm up for a trip to Ocotillo Wells, but not Truckhaven.

-Ken

Hey all,

We will be doing Truck Haven and Glamis that weekend. We have a rather large goup going, but I'd like to see more Explorers and Rangers represent. Anyone that has the time, feel free to come. I'll probably post one more time to give details on where we are camping and the cb channel we'll be on. Hope some of you can make it. Please call if you need to get ahold of me. 909-538-5506

Ken,
we'll be riding in a group, so I suggest just getting behind someone and follow their line (tread marks), provided they didn't roll or get stuck themselves. That way, if they made it taking a certain line, you're almost assured that you'll make it to if you have a similar setup. Don't forget, sometimes when you are off camber if "feels" a lot worst then it is. I understand your concern, and I know your truck is a daily driver, but we will spot when needed. If you are easy on the throttle, I think you'll be fine. I do suggest buying a cb if you don't already have one, that way someone can reach you if they see that you're in a bad position. I think you should try to make it out for at least a day run. Truckhaven is such a nice place, I just don't like seeing you miss out on it. Let me know what you decide.:)

i might make it. If i get my tranny and regear and locker done i'll be there. Getting 4.56 and detroit installed.

How much did you pick up the detroit for?

I have to call the guy back, but he's only charging me cost. He makes his money on the install. I fogot that you have your shop up. You sell the detroit also right and install?

Last min. Info

Ok everyone! Some of the goup will be there Friday afternoon. I will out there Friday night. Look for a large light tower twards the right. There will be a mix of vehicles for this run. We will be on CB Channel 4, and Talk About Channel 4_20. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

I have one right now for $509 (I've decided to go ARB), it's brand new in box, install is extra done by T&J's Offroad in Orange, CA.

Got any pics from the weekend Xplodor?

58713.jpg

58712.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Xplodor
I have one right now for $509 (I've decided to go ARB), it's brand new in box, install is extra done by T&J's Offroad in Orange, CA.

Hey mutha!!?! Let's keep that one on the DL alright bro? Would buy it right this second but I'm about to go online and drop $574 for f'n taxes. Just gimme a little time man...oh and if you sell those gears I'm a gonna be pissed!

Did you end up goin to glamis bro? how was it if ya did?

Back