'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally

Well, it all started with me breaking an axle on friday. Had to drop the diff to get the broken shaft piece out. Then the seal was ruined as well, scrapping a trip that i had planned for 2 weeks in advanced for on saturday.

I was thinking, why waste 50 bucks on the ifs axle when im gonna be ripping it out shortly. So i called my buddy and we started tearing into the mounty at 6:30 pm until 10pm, and monday from 2-10pm. We are on hold for parts so we can make brackets.

I have 2 Rustys off road 180 pound coils, 24" extened, we calculated that it should be around 18 inches compressed. As for the suspension design, its getting a triangulated 4 link. It kinda helps when you are friends with a suspensions engineer.

Well heres the progress so far. More to come next monday.
1185331202.jpg

1185325202.jpg

1185325203.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

some more

S5031275.JPG
S5031273.JPG
S5031274.JPG
S5031275.JPG

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

That is a beautiful thing right there.

whats beautiful? I cant see anything caus its too blurry. :D

Awesome, now get some real shots.

I see a Mercuy PWNing a jap! :D That is all I need to see.

Looks good! Can't wait to see some daytime pics. Did you get the bodylift taken off yet?

some daytime pics.

PICT0004.jpg
PICT0001.jpg
PICT0002.jpg
PICT0003.jpg
PICT0004.jpg

more

PICT0008.jpg
PICT0005.jpg
PICT0006.jpg
PICT0007.jpg
PICT0008.jpg

wow thats beautiful...god damn how tall is that thing???(how far do you have to jump to get in).

some friends

PICT0015.JPG
PICT0022.JPG

DAMN, one sweet mounty

Good job '97 V8!

I think those coils are too stiff for the weight.

Did you fab up the lower trackbar mount or did you buy it somewhere? If so where did you get it?

Did you fab up the lower trackbar mount or did you buy it somewhere? If so where did you get it?

fabbed them. If you want i can take better pics of em.

DANG MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Man that looks so sweet. Hows Lima, Ohio taking to it....

The coils may soften up some.

Yea a pic would be great. I need to fab a new one for mine. I also bet the coils will soften up more. Mine did at least.

Can you get a bunch more pictures of your frame end upper link mount? Ive been looking and trying alot of stuff and nothing seems to fit real well on my truck, but that maybe what Ive been looking for. Also who pitman arm is that? Sky's?

Back