East Coast Trashed Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Trashed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, VA is as close to being in the center of everyone as it is going to get.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im trying to get on 33s before moab, but i gotta find a set for pretty cheap since i just spend my wad on my 31s, and moab is gonna rip my pockets. so if anyone has any 33s they could part with let me know :)

Stockers can run the blues.. Here is proof..

Attachments

• f47fbb0d.jpg
    f47fbb0d.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 208
  • f47fbb65.jpg
    f47fbb65.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 219
  • f47fbbb7.jpg
    f47fbbb7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 192

pics dont work

Attachments

• f47fbc9c.jpg
    f47fbc9c.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 377
  • f47fbce7.jpg
    f47fbce7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 397

Pics work for me. How many trails are there? It seems to be in a good central location but I am really leery of having our official 10th Anniversary run at a place that none of us have even been to.... that sounds like asking for trouble. I hesitate to have an event this big planned around a total unknown.

I'll find out soon enough..

Yeah with some spotting that looks doable for the stockers.

Can we get an idea of how many have been to Crozet? I see what you are saying Gerald.

I haven't been there personally but from people I know, they all said the stock vehicles could run blues trails with no potential problems. I may go on a trail ride soon down there.

I think this place is only 5 hours from me. I know Rick wants to know a place soon, but still i'd like to at least get together with some guys and hit these trails later this year or something.

How far is this for you Gerald?

I just mapquested it and it's 420 miles from me. I wish we had more time to decide and do a prerun; I am afraid that those in New England won't drive much farther south than that and go to a run in NC. I wish some of them would join this thread and help us sort this out.

I just posted the poll. THINK before voting!

JoshC said:
I think this place is only 5 hours from me. I know Rick wants to know a place soon, but still i'd like to at least get together with some guys and hit these trails later this year or something.

How far is this for you Gerald?

I definately would like to hit it first hand but time is an issue. From what I understand there are about 10-15 blue rated trails and about the same amount of black/red trails available. They guide us themselves, since they know the territory. They charge $25 a day or $40 for a 2 day event.

From Nitro, WV its about 4 hours. Richmond, VA 1.5 Hours, Baltimore, 3.5 Hours, Pittsburgh, PA 5 Hours, Raleigh, NC 4 Hours.

I'm leaning to Crozet, but i'd like some more info on it like the number of trails broken down into categorie and some info on camping and that kind of stuff first.

So it's guided trails? Is there a website for the place?

I like the guided idea since we haven't been there.

I just spent a few and looked through the pics from the links on the first page and i saw alot of stocker friendly trails and some pretty decent looking stuff also.

Camp ground looks decent. I saw where it said 1 vehicle per site, as them when you call if they have room for FREE for people with car trailers as i'll have a trailer and a small camper.

Dunno about that.. Hopefully by next year I'll have a Expedition and trailer so I can trailer my rig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GJarrett said:
... I am afraid that those in New England won't drive much farther south than that and go to a run in NC. I wish some of them would join this thread and help us sort this out...
Hey I've been right here the whole time (my invisibility ray just broke)... Its not the distance, but the destination... Since I've never been wheeling in any of those places I don't have a decent opinion... So I was sitting back and letting the guys that have been come up with the list... as I stated above if the destination is good then the distance 800+ miles is doable.. If the destination was deamed terrible but received the most votes in a poll then I'd have to give it serious thought before making a 2K mile round trip run.

BTW I msg'd the New England Explorer crew to let them know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back