This forum needs some excitement!! DB_1's Ranger SAS rebuild | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

This forum needs some excitement!! DB_1's Ranger SAS rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at post 262(bottom pic) and was just curious. Dont worry with taking any pic. Ill just grab some when im there a thaven

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Clearance is pretty good at either end but on the CV end the angle is steeper than i'd like it to be. Ideally a HP axle would be better, but I may just order up a high angle d-shaft. I've clearanced my current d-shaft already but I noticed some u-joint rubbing, luckily nothing has blown up...yet.

I was just thinking about it being lp and was wondering how it did.

Thanks

Well, I finally got the Ranger painted:D I used a specialty paint from Eastwood products called Spray Gray. It's intended to give under the hood parts a cast finish. I've used this paint in spray can form before on crossmembers and my wheel rings. I was trying to decide on what color to paint my truck for awhile now and I liked the look of flat colors but wanted something different than black or olive drab. This Spray Grey color seemed just the ticket, it comes in quarts so I was able to use a cup gun to cover the large areas quickly and when it comes time to touch-up after a weekend of wheelin', I can grab a spray can of the same color...no muss, no fuss.

Attachments

• paintedRanger.jpg
    paintedRanger.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 400

Yeah looks vurry clean.

Of course, every time I see a pic of your truck, the first thing I look at are the wheels -- cauz they're bling, and I'm like 'yo pass the GHB!' :confused:

Looks super hawt!! :cool: I should have had you paint my bumper! :p:

Nice, Dave! :thumbsup:

Is that flat, or kind of satin?

Thanks guys...Bill, I would say it's more of a satin finish although some areas look more flat (and rough) due to overspray issues.

Dave... I think it's time for a proper front bumper! :D What cha got in mind? I know you have the bender!:D

I'm still pondering that one Steve but i'm gonna cage it first before I do anything else...when this happens is another story:p:

Hmmm, I think I can make a prediction here.

Don't go nasty that sexy truck up with a full exo...yet....

RangerX still has the best cage I've seen on any rig to date. I'd check his copyrights and go for that look.

Dave, is there a way you can fix the pics in this thread, or are they gone forever? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back