and those J**pers thought Rubicons were invincible! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

and those J**pers thought Rubicons were invincible!

Originally posted by BigCJ7
How can someone with clear corners and chrome tow hooks talk trash?

I see, so it has to look like a POS to be good at wheeling. So we can assume that you Jeep looks like a big turd on wheels, becuase it such an off road beast, right? Otherwise it wouldn't be worth taking it off the pavement.

Nothing wrong with trying to make your vehicle look nice. Whether the tow hooks are chrome or rust, that's irrelevant. They can both be used to tow a Jeep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, BigCJ7:
imwitstupid.gif
Is your CJ your daily driver? I don't think so. How comfortable are you riding in it? Not very, I guess. How about all the chunk you pick up at Lowes? Not enough space, I suppose. Please, compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges. And if you compare off road abilities of your purpose built trail rig with our vehicles which double as daily drivers, people mover, grocery getters, tow rigs and, yes, do decent on the trails, then you are a moron and loose - in my eyes -all credibility.

In case you have not noticed, there is one <<bleep>> talking trash here. And that's you! If I would type here what I think of you, I would probably get booted of this forum. Therefore you fill inn the blanks :frustrate .................... :fire: .................... :frustrate .................... :fire: .................... :frustrate .................... :fire:

You make me
smilie_barf.gif
and now I'm pissed I wasted my time :fire:

AMC 360 with the avenger off road carb, NP-435 tranny (6.7:1 first gear) Short Shaft Dana 300 with twin sticks and a 4:1 kit, solid axles and welded spider gears, dabout 6 inches of lift, Detroit TruTrac in front, custom drive shafts, Full Cage, Flat fendered and most of the rear half of the tub cut off, and several other things I don't have time to type. There others out here MUCH more built than mine, but mine is DEFINATLY built.
You guys go on and on about someone coming on here flaming, but it is just a return of what you guys were doing. How can someone with clear corners and chrome tow hooks talk trash?

Well, gee, i wonder why it's better than yer sploder... :rolleyes: Sounds like ya got a well built up vehicle, but yes, there are sploders here that can run with that kind of rig...
Oh yeah, tire size?

Donkey Boy almost never gets pissed, getting pissed at a fellow jeeper? wow! :eek:

Oh, and all I know is:

My truck may not be the most comfortable (did 15 hours straight one time)
May not be the fastest (soon to be in the 15s running 33s and full offroad gear)
May not be the prettiest (many battle scars)
May not be the best offroad (have done many difficult trails in Moab)
May not have the best audio system (sounds nice to me)
etc.

But it sure does all of these things at 90% or better!

Originally posted by Alec
Donkey Boy almost never gets pissed, getting pissed at a fellow jeeper? wow! :eek:
:( Fellow Jeeper? :( Guys like this make me not very proud to be a Jeeper. Luckily, less than 1% are like this troll (I apologize to all trolls for this insulte :D )

Originally posted by Alec
Oh, and all I know is:

My truck may not be the most comfortable (did 15 hours straight one time)
May not be the fastest (soon to be in the 15s running 33s and full offroad gear)
May not be the prettiest (many battle scars)
May not be the best offroad (have done many difficult trails in Moab)
May not have the best audio system (sounds nice to me)
etc.

But it sure does all of these things at 90% or better!

I bet Mr. CJ7 wouldn't wan to do 15 hours in his...

And I once did 38 hours in mine (El Paso to Miami. Half was just trying to get out of Texas! :p )

I was responding to your flaming of the Rubi and Jeeps in general.

Where is all this flaming at?? I didn't see anyone flaming the Rubicon or Jeeps in general... as a matter of fact, most people were posting how they liked the Rubicon and how well it does right out of the lot.
The general consensis was that the guy driving it was either a newbie or just had a case of "I have a Jeep Rubicon, so I should be able to do anything".
I think alot of this is going to be happening too. As well as the Rubicon does offroad(everyone agrees it is the best "off the lot" right now), people need to realize that it is not a rock crawler or buggy.

Newbies are going to be buying them thinking they can go anywhere and climb anything.
(the last sentance is a quote from a CJ5 owner over on one of the Jeep forums)

I have driven mine from East coast to Texas and several three or four hour trips. I tow it now, cause I can afford to do so.....
It wasn't a real treat to drive it that far, nothing like my Expedition. Oh, and as far as the flaming goes, LOOK AT THE SUBJECT LINE FOR STARTERS!!!!

I like that Bronco II Splash, just need to switch out the front axle now!!! I wanted to do a similar deal with an XJ.

It wasn't a real treat to drive it that far, nothing like my Expedition.

So you have your CJ7, the 2002 Explorer you towed it out with, and also an Expedition. Hmmm. Two Fords and one Jeep.

Oh, and as far as the flaming goes, LOOK AT THE SUBJECT LINE FOR STARTERS!!!!

and those J**pers thought Rubicons were invincible!

I'm pretty sure when he referenced "Jeepers" that he was referring to the actual owner of the Rubicon and the misconception that it is setup for everything right out of the box... it is a head line and designed to get peoples atention... it was not a flame. When reading through the posts you can tell that we were not flaming the Jeep itself. And can you honestly tell me that most owners of the Rubicon (with all its factory off-road ability) don't think they are the sh*t? Even compared to regular Wrangler owners?

New Jeep owners are buying the Rubicon and thinking they are invincible... this one figured out the hard way that they are not. He had it in his head that since he has stock 31" tires and e-lockers front and back that he can go through stuff like that. The CJ7 that was with him didn't try it from the sound of it, since they passed him before they saw the Rubicon, so that goes to show that the guy in the Rubicon was either a newbie or just to ballsy for his vehicle.

P.S. The front cut and turned D35 with 4.56s and locker works great on the B2. With the extended radius arms, longer coils and long travel Ranchos, I get all the flex I need out of it. I plan on running it till my spare parts run out or it falls off. I don't subscribe to the solid axle being the only way to go theory right now. Maybe I will when I can afford one. ;) The biggest weak point on it is the welded 7.5 that is getting replaced by a welded or lock 8.8. Thanks though... see we can be civil here.

lol

Anyway, just as long as CJ7 realizes the pluses and minuses of the different vehicles and isn't too belligerent is ok by me.

And like someone else said, we aren't really knocking the Rubicon, we're knocking know-it-all drivers. We have some of those also in the Explorer crowd, but in my experience not nearly as many.

Oh, and everyone is forgetting about the H2 and it's offroad abilities, though it is very pricey and very large.

The Tahoe.... errr...... H2 is a GREAT grocery getter... LOL :D
The H2 is an overpriced tahoe, too bad. Waste of money in my opinion. I think it looks cool, but not made for taking off road.
If you want a Hummer, get a HumV from a military auction. Only problem with those is that they break down more than a Jeep ;)

Yes, the H2 is based on the Tahoe/Suburban frame and drivetrain. However, most people overlook the fact that it has a different suspension, lockers, and huge (for a stock vehicle) tires. For a stock vehicle, it can do really well. I'm not about to go out and get one, and I don't really like GM products; just saying for the sake of conversation.

Oh, yeah I have an Expedition and USED to have the Explorer. I needed something that can tow my Jeep. I used to have a Mountaineer and just got rid of my Mustang 5.0 last summer. I had a 67 ford Fairlane, an 81 Ford Custom F-100 and I think that is all the Fords. I like my fords, I just use them for what they were made for (most of the time). I beat the hell out of that 2002 explorer, it got high centered all the time up in the mountains. The mountaineer went through three transfer cases and I beat the under side of that thing too. Now I have something I don't have to worry bout screwing up, and not being able to make it to work the next day. When the Jeep breaks, I put it on the trailer and go home. I like my hoby and don't want to have to be gentle and screw up my good time by breaking my Daily Driver.

Who has test driven either the Rubicon or the H2? What do you think?

Originally posted by unclemeat
Who has test driven either the Rubicon or the H2? What do you think?
I driven in my friends, the girl I was talking about at school who has a Rubicon. Pretty stiff for on-road driving, real choppy, but the base Wrangler isn't any better. She's had it on some minor trails, nothing serious. For a stock vehicle though, it's probably the best off roader, some might say the Hummer is, but the hummer is so large and wide it can get cumbersome on trails.

I'm not a jeep fan:p , but I thought it was cool, looks nice too. Just too harsh on the road, but really no worse then a stock Wrangler. It was about as slow as our 94' Explorer, but it's definitley not made for acceleration.

EDIT- forgot about the H2, I've been in a friends yellow one at school, it's not that bad, just all that normal cheap/hard plastic that Chevy uses. A lot more faster then the H1 thats for sure, but still a little slow. It rides a lot better than the H1 also, but damn does it guzzle, he gets about 8-9mpg driving in the city and about 12mpg on the highway.

This thread sounds like something from jeepsunlimited!

Can we just kill it? It has gotten real stupid at this point!!!!:(

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The MSRP on the Rubicon is about half of the H2. I wonder which on is truely superior off the pavement. The Hummer does look realy cool!

Back