and those J**pers thought Rubicons were invincible! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

and those J**pers thought Rubicons were invincible!

Originally posted by SteveVB
Georgetown National Forest,

I did mean George Washigton National Forest thanks .

$25 bucks a year is great for an excellent place to ride, here on the east coast as you know its getting to be an expensive hobby at hundred + bucks a weekend as the private parks replace the closed public lands.

BigCJ I havent had contact with the Mud Bugs, but do plenty with Off Camber Crawlers- which is in and around DC- N. Va, and MD. I thought that place off of 50 was closed, did they ever get rights to ride there? When I was land use liason for OCC the mud bugs were trying to "save" their area and contacted other clubs for help, but they never had any rights to it and it wasnt legal as I remember.

Last I heard they were still there. The land they play on is private land, they have some kind of deal with the owner. I might be wrong, but it is worth checking. I didn't go with them cause they wanted $52 a year to go ride on the same trails over and over again. They wanted me to pay to join them on the trail ride in the G.W. National forest. I explained to them that was public/federal land, and asked how in the hell can they collect money to ride it. I was a little aggrevated with that to say the least.
I have never heard of that club you are talking about, wish I had though. I used the land in Lorton to ride on quite a bit, the guy I bought my jeep from owned almost all the undeveloped land in Lorton and invited myself and my friends to play on it. Pretty good trails out there if you look around. If you get to stafford VA there are some O.K. trails down off of Court house Rd, on the west side of 95, about three or four miles down. uhhh, I have to get back to work, Will think of more places soon....

Back