Big Bear Run June 24th - 26th | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear Run June 24th - 26th

Dang...from the looks of those pics, my rig would get phucked up crawlin through those boulders LOL. I think I'm gonna need to build some rock sliders and some front diff protection for sure!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whew! Another fine weekend of off-roading!

The four boys I brought with me (three were mine, plus a friend) outnumbered the vehicles/drivers, so I'm not sure the "focus" stayed on the wheeling. The trail dust was pretty nasty, but the weather was perfect.

This was my first time to run the trails up there and I was impressed by the variety, and the scenery!

P.S. Special thanks to Dave for the Carne Asada and the campfire.

Josh, yeah sliders are always a good idea :thumbsup: There's a bypass to the left of where Jefe is in those pics so the trail isn't that gnarly all the way through.

Bro of Jefe, I thought you had been up to Big Bear before but glad you had a good time. Thanks for the use of your OBA this morning :D

Here is what I was doing most of today... I did jump in and OMG it was cold! :rolleyes:

1600BigBearLake-med.jpg

easy playboy.... :p

Looked like fun. Did you make it to Dishpan? Any trail closures?

I headed out ealier than the others to meet back up with my friends back at the cabin. I know we were talking about making there but not sure if they did or not. I think DB_1 has most of the info on what was open or closed.

Hey no glass bottles at the lake :)
I was right there with you man, but the cold didnbt stop me from carving up some turns :)

ahh, SAS snobs! :p :)

jobunn said:

I went to the Discovery center Sat morning to get adventure passes and trail info. The lady handed me some cheesy photocopied map and circled a few things that were open. I asked some jeepers that were staging in Fawnskin if they knew what was closed/open and they said Dishpan was still closed.

That Newcastle is lookin mighty tasty Colin!

Stic-o said:
I know how ya feel bill :(
Ditto. I feel like I was discriminated against due to my TTB, which by the way, "Off Road Adventures" magazine stated in an article from this month's issue, is nearly as good as a solid axle, and is the best of all the independant front axles. They printed it, so it must be true!!! :p :eek: :confused:

Or it could just be that those of us that just happen to have solid axles didn't have prior engagements and could make it out for a weekend...? ;) :p

...I mean...uh...YEAH... FEAR THE SOLID AXLE! :D

BKennedy said:
Ditto. I feel like I was discriminated against due to my TTB, which by the way, "Off Road Adventures" magazine stated in an article from this month's issue, is nearly as good as a solid axle, and is the best of all the independant front axles. They printed it, so it must be true!!! :p :eek: :confused:

Wow, don't you feel special now!! :rolleyes: :confused:

BKennedy said:

Or it could be the 4WP is try'n to sell more parts for the TTB and discorage you from going to Solid.....because that can't really help you then! :p

Stic-o said:
Or it could be the 4WP is try'n to sell more parts for the TTB and discorage you from going to Solid.....because that can't really help you then! :p
Very true. They might be able to if it was all bolt on and came with directions. :D

jobunn said:

you brian and I had the designated TTB run out at corral canyon last month :D and we know how that turned out :confused: Fortunently in the next month or two I will be making the jump to solid axle. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
you brian and I had the designated TTB run out at corral canyon last month :D and we know how that turned out :confused: Fortunently in the next month or two I will be making the jump to solid axle. :p

I might go that route in a year or two, but for now, I'm happy with the way my Explorer performs trailwise. I have done some of the hardest trails around without too many problems.

Back