California Explorer Spottings | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California Explorer Spottings

...I woke up at KOH to find an 00 Mountaineer parked behind my X with a kick a$$ front bumper and no skid plate...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I woke up at KOH to find an 00 Mountaineer parked behind my X with a kick a$$ front bumper and no skid plate...:D

Really? Because when i woke up at KOH there was a good looking lifted gray 1st gen parked in front of me.

Gold, early 2nd gen @ 57S/5S interchange Saturday night. Couple inches of lift, 6k HIDs. I exchanged acknowledgement gestures with the brodozer driving and parted ways. Probably on his way home from Monster Jam

Just saw this one in the Target parking lot in H.B.

1 piece fiberwerx front.

IMG_20110211_120936.jpg

I saw this in 2007 in El Cajon...not that I remembered or anything.

Friday, on South St. parked at a tire shop by the Cerritos mall, I saw a dark colored (maybe gray or brown) lifted 4th gen, with black headlights and black wheels.

I saw R.J. about a week and a half ago at the In N Out here in Walnut. :p:

Not a CA story, but interesting none the less...

Char and I were heading to a friends house in the Mach 1. We pulled in behind a first gen Ex which was just caked in thick mud, had a confederate flag hanging out of the side on a mast, no doors... We both turned left and I had Char motion to the guy to pull over. Young guy, 17. Asked him if he had ever been on our forum, he said he had. I handed him a business card and he asked if the orange truck was mine. Told him sure was... He said "I've been following that truck on YouTube for years".

Turned out he had just left the mud bogs at Speedworld. Speedworld is also where I race the Dart and I had also been there earlier in the day. He busted his 5 speed in the mud. His truck was stuck in 4th and the shifter was just flopping around. Told him I had a spare tranny in my shed that had a problem shifting, but could be used for parts. He came over the next day and picked it up.

Other than that, I never see anyone out here, so it's sure not worth it's own thread;) :banghead:

cool story rick! good you could help him out. :thumbsup:

Cool story? Yes Does it belong in this California thread? No

I think I'm going to have to talk to a mod and get this guy banded...dang Newbs! :rolleyes:

:p:

I can bounce him outta here if called upon!!

...Don't know who this is but I'm hoping they are on here..:dunno:

...Coming out of Newport Beach about 3:30 today in my X, (somewhere between the 405 and Micro Center) I roll up on this green? first gen with a 6" lift and looked like at least 33's..

..I thought it was Dave Alfaro at first but it was a guy about 20 something, dressed like he was coming back from a brunch or ?..

0501111542.jpg

tbars i saw that explorer as well today

i saw it on the 405 as well it zoomed right passed me today but it was 4:00 i was driving with a couple of my friends when i saw it.

i was in the 01 sport when i saw that x.

..I seen a couple lately..I figured both were on DR..

..Seen this one today near old Bolsa Chica in Westminister..Def a second gen..
0523111018.jpg

..A blue one (like the one above) with silver on hood and front fenders but couldn't tell if it was a first or second gen..Seen it at State College and Ball in Anaheim Sunday..

I know the white one is on DR, and the blue and silver one sounds like a Mcneil built one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I saw a green 4x4 first gen with a dinged up rt. rear door on 33 bfg a/t's sporting a roof basket at Pepboy's today..:)

...I took a picture but my "Stupid" phone didn't save it..:(

Back