FROADER's 2007 Motard | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FROADER's 2007 Motard

Sorry non-bike guy here....What are the "sliders" for? The skate wheels? :dunno:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry non-bike guy here....What are the "sliders" for? The skate wheels? :dunno:
They are for when you lay the bike down the axle threads are protected, and you can still get the wheels off. You only need two, but everyone just used 4 so it looks better/even.

Aren't gonna need those for the next truckhaven run ?;):p:
Actually thought about that, but I'd rather take it when I'm with a bunch of friends on bikes. :)

They are for when you lay the bike down the axle threads are protected, and you can still get the wheels off. You only need two, but everyone just used 4 so it looks better/even.

And the kickstand is for...... Also don't the handlebars get crewed up too? I know thats what happened on my mtn bike:rolleyes:

got it so your not laying the bike down on purpose like we all did as kids, (my mtn bike has no kickstand:rolleyes:) It's a just in case thing.;)

Any engine case sliders going on?

My mountain bike doesn't have a kickstand either.

Any engine case sliders going on?
Not needed on this bike. The engine doesn't touch the ground when on it's side. :thumbsup: I will probably put some foot peg sliders on it soon, though. I'm starting to get pretty low on the turns. :D

with that far over maybe you should but those skate wheels on your shoes:p:

Get some Heelys:D

I made it to MRD today to pick up my SSW exhaust system today.

With the bike already having the 3x3 and the JD jet kit, there was definitely a noticeable difference after putting on the SSW. And... this effer is LOUD!! :D The only bummer was that I picked it up in the morning and had to wait until after work to install it!

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

The new logo couldn't match the bike any better, either!

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Video (for Sam) is uploading right now.

EDIT:

Nice dude, the bike looks and sounds sick! If I didn't have my R6 a supermoto would probably be my next choice.

i've had 4 people I know buy an SM bike and their R6s, CBRs GSXRs haven't moved since. :) Another friend is selling his ZX-6R and getting one. These things are so fun to ride!

The saying on supermotojunkie.com is "You just got passed by a dirt bike with street tires." :D

MRD quiet insert... I had to do it. On the highway even with ear plugs it was getting annoying and now, this thing is perfect!

Even Dave's quiet insert is top notch!

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

It's still loud, but it's tighter and doesn't have the high "popping" at high RPM so your ears don't ring after riding. :)

Back