FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
Well I'm back with the next project. I traded my DRZ400 Supermoto for it yesterday. This is going to be a very slow build, as I have no money to work on it, at all. It will be registered as "non-op" until I save up some money.

Specs:
1998 Ranger Supercab 4x4
4.0L
Auto
Flatbed (coming off - selling or scrapping)
33x12.5 on AR wheels (selling when the time comes)
It's definitely regeared, but I'm not sure what they are yet.
Fox shocks up front
Glass fenders
and whatever else I've missed.

Here are some pics of the ugliness. :D

misc102010012.jpg

misc102010031.jpg

misc102010015.jpg

misc102010021.jpg

This will be getting the D60 and Sterling 10.5 I have in the backyard.

Axles.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dibs on the flatbed for the 85!!!!

nice to see you have a truck again

Wow, cool Colin! Wanna trade cabs?:p:

Pretty sweet ride there.

I'm sure that flatbed is worth some coin. It would make a nice platform for the RTT though.

I have been searching for some used glass fenders forever, and you get a rig with them already on....lol

Oh boy, this is gonna be good!

...:wtf:...I thought this was supposed to be in the RC section when I see the title, and you could only find a white Ranger?..:p:

...I might be interested in the wheels and the bed I could cut up and modify...That 85 Ranger won't even need it as it won't be on the road before your Ranger is built...:D

Dude the flat bed is pretty cool, I'd keep it but I'm guessing it weighs a ton:(

Pretty sweet ride there.

I'm sure that flatbed is worth some coin. It would make a nice platform for the RTT though.

I have been searching for some used glass fenders forever, and you get a rig with them already on....lol
Thanks, but no RTT on this. That's staying on the F-150 to be setup at camp.

Dibs on the flatbed for the 85!!!!
...:wtf:...I thought this was supposed to be in the RC section when I see the title, and you could only find a white Ranger?..:p:

...I might be interested in the wheels and the bed I could cut up and modify...That 85 Ranger won't even need it as it won't be on the road before your Ranger is built...:D
Dude the flat bed is pretty cool, I'd keep it but I'm guessing it weighs a ton:(
The bed is very heavy. I'm going to try and sell it or scrap it whichever will get me more money to buy other parts for this thing. :)

I actually laughed a bit when the guy agreed to trade because it was white. Both explorers and now this have been white. I may be doing the RangerX roll-on paint job though, just not Olive Drab.

I'll be going for something similar to "White Rhino" or "Smashrail" on Pirate. Just use my own design for the bed and probably no exo.

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

...:
That 85 Ranger won't even need it as it won't be on the road before your Ranger is built...:D

Hey Bob is coming over to help wire it and its on buddy!

Glad to see you're back into it!! Looks like this rig will make a nice start. I agree on no exo cage. Just more stuff to get hung up on...

Glad to see you're back into it!! Looks like this rig will make a nice start. I agree on no exo cage. Just more stuff to get hung up on...

Thanks, Rick. I'm excited to get started, but it won't be for a while. I hope it won't take as long as redranger...:p: but who knows. :)

I also like this one. It has a RangerXesque exo, just over the cab. Without the bedsides, it's a truggy.

Screenshot2010-12-04at115751PM.png

So this Ranger makes it what, vehicle # 20 that you've owned so far?:p:

Will this get some of the Winter fab treatment too?

It actually IS #20! :D

I plan to have him help out. We'll see how his schedule works out. I might have to wait until the Explorer is done though, so it might be a while. :p: Maybe it can be next in line at Matt's house? :)

Are you planning to shorten the wheelbase, maybe like in that pic^^?

FTW:D

attachment.php

Are you planning to shorten the wheelbase, maybe like in that pic^^?
Yeah, that's the plan. I'm not sure the best wheelbase for 40" tires, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere around 118" ish. I believe stock is 125."

I've seen that one, but I don't like the bed design. I don't want "trays" over the tires like a lot of guys make.

good luck with the ranger colin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats Colin! And what kind of fox shocks are they? If they're 8" 2.0 resis on the front, i've got dibs on them when you rip the front end apart.

Back