Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Colorado Colors Run 09 - Ouray: Sept 4-7th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you end up camping, ill join.
Cool?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dudes 8 days until I arrive in Ouray, but my 4x4 still isnt working what do I do?

See if you can find another fellow Explorer owner near by - swap transfer cases temporarily for a quick test.

what part of your 4x4 is not working?

If its a E shift t case problem SIMPLE remove the shift motor and shift your truck with a pair of plyers

did I miss it, but do you have Gen 1 and auto hubs or lockouts, if u have autohubs, u have mainly 2 areas to check for no 4wd, its either the hubs or the t-case shift motor, and yes cheap temporary check to t-case is take shift motor off and manually turn it, I have used this method often on beaters, if still doesnt work, your hubs are blown, check them. My guess is 1 of those 2 things

did I miss it, but do you have Gen 1 and auto hubs or lockouts, if u have autohubs, u have mainly 2 areas to check for no 4wd, its either the hubs or the t-case shift motor, and yes cheap temporary check to t-case is take shift motor off and manually turn it, I have used this method often on beaters, if still doesnt work, your hubs are blown, check them. My guess is 1 of those 2 things
Second gen, and I can hear the Shift Motor working Im starting to think its internal, like shift fork guides in the transfer case, whats the chances of that. Im still going either way, just a bit down about the 4x4 not working.

My thoughts are pull one out of a junk yard if I have time cant be to hard to install.

2stripe i got a tent site at the KOA for friday4 sat5 sun6. Let me know what ur plans are. They still have sites available if anyones wondering.:salute: see everyone early friday morning.

2stripe i got a tent site at the KOA for friday4 sat5 sun6. Let me know what ur plans are. They still have sites available if anyones wondering.:salute: see everyone early friday morning.

sent pm :)

Ill be there Sat Sun and Mon, they are not going to run the plant, see every one soon :salute:

Question for the peoples that have stayed at the KOA before:

How are the shower/bath room conditions? Clean? Scummy? Do I need to bring something to stand on in the shower? I am not a germaphobe, just don't like standing in scum while trying to get clean is all. I have been to some nasty camp places before, rather not get surprised.

Small? Large? long lines? Water pressure?

Figure this would give others a heads up as well.

The showers are decent. About what you'd expect from a camp. Can't remember if they have anything to stand on in the shower, but they are cleaned every day so they don't get too bad. Lines vary by time of day. Early morning seems best. Evenings are worst as thats when most people are coming in from a day of trail riding and want to get the excess dirt off.

Oh, BTW

We're still in!!

8-27-2009005.jpg

Anybody have room in their campsite, or does anyone want to split a campsite?

Minor change in my plans - I'm going to camp in Ouray!

Now to get my junk back together in time for departure. Feeling optimistic about it :)

Hurry up! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Scott I have a site a the KOA what day are you getting there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll arrive in Ouray on Thursday evening.
Well Id be happy to help you out, only problem I forsee is I wont be there until late late evening Friday possibly early sat morning. Let me know your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back