Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanx Rick,

Those are some awsome pictures from both of you guys, hope to see a write-up on it also soon.

Looks like even with a few mechanicals you all still had a wonderful time, I miss the aw inspiring views also.

Thanx for sharing!

Kevin, I like the Paragon flag on your rig. ;)

whose CV is that on the last page of your pics rick? looks like gerald was the only 2nd gen in the pics so i'm guessing it is his.

those are some great pics! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Well, I made it back home and was welcomed by cold rain of course. :D Since my pics are already up, thanks Rick, I am going to shower and take a nap. I will post more later.

This picture looks like Pumpkin...before, and after LOL:

DSC00266.jpg

Rick and Kevin, sweet pictures! Looks like a ton of fun!

I didnt know Robbie was going to be there! He has made alot of changes since I last saw his rig. I have been trying to get ahold of him for a while now with no luck. How did his Explorer do with the axle swap?
DSCF0629.jpg

Originally posted by mrboyle
Rick, I guess you missed the return thread I started. Retun From Moab

Actually I always start a thread for the photos so each persons photos are linked in the first post of the thread. Just makes it easier to go through everones stuff then searching through an entire thread.

Originally posted by jasonb
whose CV is that on the last page of your pics rick? looks like gerald was the only 2nd gen in the pics so i'm guessing it is his.

That is Gerald's CV. He decided to try an optional obstacle at the very end of the last day. Luckily he carries a spare. Unfortunately he also damaged his rack and pinion housing, but it was still working ok when he left Moab.

man what a trip, got back home monday afternoon. problably the best one i've been on yet. had a great time meeting new people and talking to the ones i've met before.

those hills really put my x to the test (being open front and rear) at least my rock sliders held up and saved me some rocker damage.

well here is some of the photos i took, these are only from the digital camera i'll post the others when i get them back from being developed.

look in the moab 03 folder
http://community.webshots.com/user/marty1973

My photos are linked in the first post. mrboyle, check them out, there's a couple of good ones that you may want to use for a new avatar :)

Thats awesome, sorry I missed it, but funds didnt allow for it. Looks like a blast from the pics!

Am I crazy or does it look like Gerald has no right front tire in this picture?

101cliffhanger2.jpg

We also made it back without any problems.

We had a great time and again it was nice putting faces with names. It was great meeting everyone!

I didn't take any pics but did get some good video.

Kevin, I need an address to send you the brake line I borrowed and then destroyed. Actually I think the brake line you gave me was defective!

Thanks for everyones hard work in getting the trip together. I just can't wait for the next trip to Moab. I need a front locker!!!!! Now when is Truckhaven??

Also want to add: Char you can spot for me anyday!!

Also did anyone get a decent pic of me? I need an avatar pic.

It looks like he now has no paint on his right side ;)

I think what is confusing is he had his front swaybar disconnected, which allows IFS to act like IFS, something we dont see much, so his right tire stuffed and his left tire didnt, but his front stayed flat... if that makes sense. ;)

Originally posted by Positive Vibes
I need a front locker!!!!! Now when is Truckhaven??

ah yes, the fabled truck haven run..

MLK weekend in January.

ie, Jan 17 (sat), Jan 18th (sunday)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hell yes, it is my understanding that I now much much closer to this "truckhaven" place.

I was more then a little upset to miss Moab this year, especially since I drove right past the exit the day before I was to be there.

Glad the carnage was manageable. Wish I could have tried that Cliffhanger run........

Next time.

Back