Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009

Wow, I am still in awe. Let me get some rest and I will post up pictures from my camera. Thanks everyone for showing us such great hospitality!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well we made it back to the land of OZ! Goodnight! And thanks again!

Wow, I am still in awe. Let me get some rest and I will post up pictures from my camera. Thanks everyone for showing us such great hospitality!!

Nice good to hear you guys made it back ok :thumbsup:

Great to hear Jon and Mark made it home ok:chug: Hopefully your trip was uneventful after you left our place on Sunday night.

It's a great place, isn't JT? It's been too many years since I've been out there.

It's a great place, isn't JT? It's been too many years since I've been out there.

Absolutely perfect. Any changes would ruin the whole experience. It looks like death in pictures, but this place is great. I don't remember feeling so free.

I don't care if they are built on sand, I am still wanting one of those Truckhaven street houses.

OH, hey, the scorpion is still alive. I'm going to put it in a 10 gallon aquarium with some sand. I think I will call him Clayton Salty.

It was Great Meeting you guys.
Steve, you put on a heck of a show. I don't know how I am going to do it but I will drag Sheri out there somehow.

Dangit, I am still to tired to be posting yet. I need to go to bed and turn off my computer.

We ended up getting to Pine Ridge AZ on the first leg. The last leg was 1119 miles straight thru.

Froaders truck , ok, Sparksaflyins truck got us home under it's own power. I have to mention we had about 1000 lbs of stuff packed in and on it.

Colin--thanks Man. :thumbsup: you know what I mean;)

What? No credit for the work SVO did in swapping that engine in that truck? :D

Well we made it back to the land of OZ! Goodnight! And thanks again!

Absolutely perfect. Any changes would ruin the whole experience. It looks like death in pictures, but this place is great. I don't remember feeling so free.

I don't care if they are built on sand, I am still wanting one of those Truckhaven street houses.

OH, hey, the scorpion is still alive. I'm going to put it in a 10 gallon aquarium with some sand. I think I will call him Clayton Salty.

It was Great Meeting you guys.
Steve, you put on a heck of a show. I don't know how I am going to do it but I will drag Sheri out there somehow.

Dangit, I am still to tired to be posting yet. I need to go to bed and turn off my computer.

We ended up getting to Pine Ridge AZ on the first leg. The last leg was 1119 miles straight thru.

Froaders truck , ok, Sparksaflyins truck got us home under it's own power. I have to mention we had about 1000 lbs of stuff packed in and on it.

Heck yeah!!

Glad you guys made it home safely and in time for Joshua to not miss any school. :) I'll be honest, I was worried when I couldn't talk you into getting a 1-way rental to tow it with all that extra weight. What was your sweet spot on the speedometer for the trip?

That ***** engine, is becoming legendary!! :D

What? No credit for the work SVO did in swapping that engine in that truck? :D

Of course!! That engine is solid, and there is not one sign of a swap. very well done.

What I meant was, Colin took the big hit by selling the truck. That is really what made the whole experience possible for Mark, Joshua and I.

Colin, the truck seemed fine at 65mph, but it does have a stupid random miss under load in overdrive, while trying to maintain speed. It got worse right at the Oklahoma border. I think the truck is a little upset about the move, but after a while and some TLC she'll come around.
It took some getting used to for sure--no sway bars and flexy suspension will keep you on your toes. You just have to let it do what it wants, and it will come back in line--kinda weird.

And of course, much credit goes Rick for starting this, and maintaining it so well with such quality staffing--:D

ok, I am turning this off and sleeping now. official post later.

How are those front tires!?:)

...Glad to hear you guys made it home safe and sound...:biggthump

It must have been the worst for Matt though...he didn't have anyone to tell him there was a ledge half way down:(

I knew the ledge was there. I just wasn't expecting it to break off when I had the front wheels on it. That was a fun ride.

Glad you guys made it with out any problems,really suprised that big yellow guy made it .

Looks like we missed a good trip. I knew about Tom R's new ride a while ago. I promised not to tell.:D

Got a E-Mail today

Stephen,

Thank you for having me out to your event. I had a good time and got some good action photography. I’ll keep you posted about the article, and if I have any questions, I’ll email. I hope all is well, have a great day…

Kevin McNulty
Executive Editor
Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine

Let him know the kansas crew made it home alright.:) The Sherrif just left here and we passed inspection. Alls left now is the real tag and were good to go. Inspection cost 10 bucks trip to cal. PRICELESS!! :salute:

...Waiting for the Kansas Crew's updates...:popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Waiting for the Kansas Crew's updates...:popcorn:

Well it's not from truck-haven. It's at my moms on tuesday. Not sure why he took the pictures he did,but he did.:rolleyes:
But this video is to cute!!

th_joshuasparksPICS057.jpg

Back