Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009

..But what's the fun of going somewhere and not picking up some souvenir's to remember your trip by???...:p:

...We do invite all to come out, camp and have fun...There are usually open seats and seat swapping all weekend...Some people don't do well in the victim, umm, I mean passenger seat and they need to be the driver...

...I think the next TH run is already being planned for Thanksgiving already, and any and all are invited to that too...

...Truckhaven can even bight your rig even if you are just taking the wash down for a Sunday breakfast...:D

...Just a word of advice though...If you are going on the "Not so Big Dog's" run, don't go racing past the trail leader to catch up with the other guys...You might wind up in the wrong group...;)

Been there done that.... i had no damage with them, just the night before..but i did witness the rollover, so im glad i went

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I thought there was a lot more people taking pictures than what's posted already...:scratch:

I apologize for no pics from me - our camera got left in the charger at home - DOOH!

I think Chris has a bunch of videos that he has to convert or shrink.

I don't think youtube has the 10minute limit, so that might help too. (edit: nm, it has the 10 minute limit :()

I just finished combining Justin's attempts, roll, and recovery into one vid. Its uploading now. And then I have video of the tippy decent for a few vehicles to convert/combine and then upload.

~Mark

EDIT: All 3 vids combined into one.. From attempt to recovery..

I apologize for no pics from me - our camera got left in the charger at home - DOOH!

...But your wife and dog made the trip...That was cool...:biggthump

There's plenty of great pictures here :thumbsup:
Hey, it was cool meeting Matt (Rockranger), Steve, Froader, Robbie (I hope that's right... with the white Navajo), and all the rest of y'all. Too bad I missed you guys Saturday morning, I'm guessing because of the CB channel confusion Mounty mentioned earlier (someone had mentioned you'd all be running ch.4 in the other post).
Hope to catch you all on the actual run itself in the future.

:chug:

...Man I wish I knew who you were when I mistook you for Bambikiller...And even at the Arco...I had my DD Ranger out there..:(

...What is your friends handle with the white Ranger???

Wow Great Pics!!! Looks like a great time was had by all. This has me plotting crazy trip for a future run if I can get enough time off work, drive out and do a truck haven run with everyone and then hit up glamis with my rzr and new 450r for couple days!!

...Man I wish I knew who you were when I mistook you for Bambikiller...And even at the Arco...I had my DD Ranger out there..:(

...What is your friends handle with the white Ranger???

Yeah, my friend pointed out your truck sitting there when I was walking back to my truck. That's OK though, I'm sure we will have another opportunity to meet up again in the future ;)

My friend refuses to enter into the current world and get himself a computer, so no "handle" yet lol. I keep trying, but he's like afraid of getting a "virus" or worms or something, I keep telling him they're not contagious to humans (the virus that is... internet addiction could be another thing though :scratch: ).

Waiting on the tippy decent one Mark... i want to see it from that angle...:)

Oh, crap, I knew I forgot to do something.. Lemme convert it and get it onto youtube..

~Mark

Waiting on the tippy decent one Mark... i want to see it from that angle...:)

The video doesn't do it justice.. Its worse than it looks.. especially when your in the rig :)

edit: I just uploaded it, so you may have to wait a few minutes to play it.

~Mark

Ah, the accidental honk lol, it doesnt look as steep as it really is

Ah, the accidental honk lol, it doesnt look as steep as it really is

until you dropped off that ledge, look forward all i saw was the trail looked in the mirror and saw nothing but sky. then you realize how steep it really was :confused:

It must have been the worst for Matt though...he didn't have anyone to tell him there was a ledge half way down:(

It must have been the worst for Matt though...he didn't have anyone to tell him there was a ledge half way down:(

His truck isn't stock though, his takes it pretty well:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well we made it back to the land of OZ! Goodnight! And thanks again!

Back