Rubicon or Dusy Ershim 4th of july weekend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rubicon or Dusy Ershim 4th of july weekend

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Any one up for running one of them. I am leaning towards dusy cause I have never done it. For those that dont know Rubicon is by lake tahoe and dusy is outdside of fresno in central cali. Both trails lockers lift and all the good stuff recomended needed. Just tossing an idea out to see who would be intereted in maybe doing it.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds tempting, but won't the both be packed for the 4th?

The con will be for sure. Dont know about the dusy. The trail is 33 miles long ends up being about 180 mile loop total so that limits out alot of people.

Matt

That sounds pretty cool. How long does it take to run it?

With proper body protection Ie nerfbars all body damage other then a few pin scrathes from brush can be avoided on the con. On the the con the ony damage I have recieved is rocker panel and the area right behind the rear wheels (no longer there :D ). Im not sure how damage likly the dusy is I have never ran it so no ideas. As for the time rick. I figure if everyone meet the evening of the 3rd near the trail head (3 hour drive to it from fresno) and started early the forth we could be out late the 5 early the 6th asumming no major problems like blown trannys or motors :D I dont even know for sure if I can do it. All depends on what kind and if i have a job by then after graduation. Just trying to see what people think.

Matt

Back