California End of Summer Run 2 Discussion Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive Vibes said:
Still have your fire permit??? :D

Make sure you have a permit again this year. We stopped the ranger station down by the bottom of the fourlane for a bathroom break before heading up and a ranger came over and started chating and mentioned more then once about making sure people have fire permits. So make sure you get another one this year

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Camping Spot

How about that spot we saw on the way into the wheelin areas? The one the side of the forest road with the nice flat spots and the *****in view? I think it was on the day after we did the Swamp, when we were all too tired to do anything but bunny runs. Now, if I can just remember what road it was on................

BKennedy said:
How about that spot we saw on the way into the wheelin areas? The one the side of the forest road with the nice flat spots and the *****in view? I think it was on the day after we did the Swamp, when we were all too tired to do anything but bunny runs. Now, if I can just remember what road it was on................

Do you mean the spot by the gate we went through on that one trail on the 2nd day.

I can't remember cause I was in the follow mode.........you know, just following along looking at the scenery.

It was where the paved forest road went past a ridge of sorts with a long, narrow spot where you could put several tents, and some RV's along the side of the road. It looked like it dropped off into a steep canyon at the edge of the camp sight.

I will do a little research and get back to you, it might be saved as a waypoint on my GPS. Need to upload the waypoints onto my computer, which I can't do right now because the data cable is in my Explorer, which is at my buddy's shop.

Okay, my GPS map does not have the forest roads on it, and I only marked a few spots. One looks like it might be it, 37:03.237N 119:06.782W, but that is the best I can do. :(

BKennedy said:
Okay, my GPS map does not have the forest roads on it, and I only marked a few spots. One looks like it might be it, 37:03.237N 119:06.782W, but that is the best I can do. :(

Anything would be better than where we were. Anyone going up a day earlier?

Positive Vibes said:
Anything would be better than where we were. Anyone going up a day earlier?

Only if you come to TDS. :p

Ok guys...I desided to wake this thread up. I belive this is where Brian is talking about. The red is where we camped last year. Ther blue is the proposed site. As far as dates I'm still going with Aug. 26th-28th. We would do lite stuff friday so the people that have not arived can do Swamp on Saturday. Sunday? Well we'll see how tired we are :D I will get a offical thread up on on the details in the next few weeks.

X
Map taken out because it was wrong!

Last edited:

I don't think that was it cause it was along a graded forest road. Sounds like time for another pre-run???

on that map in 04 there were literally hundreds of camp sports along 9so9 and 9s69 with camp fires when we left swamp(trail 63) at night, and going to the lake run(trail 61) the next day. lets pick something away from the highway.

-joshua

BKennedy said:
I don't think that was it cause it was along a graded forest road. Sounds like time for another pre-run???

Your right I had the wrong lake Where we want is at the beginig of 61. I'll fix the map tonight. But I was think of a pre-run yes :D

Is the Aug 26-28 forsure? Just trying to figure out my calander and what I can and can't make.

Ok This is the Correct Map! This at the trail head to Brewer Lake.

1228705_map_to_camp1.jpg

Vibes...that is the date I'm going with sence no one seems to have a problem with it.

Stic-o said:
Vibes...that is the date I'm going with sence no one seems to have a problem with it.

Steve, sounds like a plan. The only problem I can see arising is if we can't have fires that far up. Otherwise that looks to be a perfect spot.

Positive Vibes said:
Steve, sounds like a plan. The only problem I can see arising is if we can't have fires that far up. Otherwise that looks to be a perfect spot.

I think it will be fine. My only consern is there was alot of brush in that area if I remeber right, that and with the amount or rain this year, they will be right on top of things

I think the spot I was thinking about was along 9s09 or 9s10, but as long as I can get my trailer up there, I'm good with wherever you want.

Hi,
kinda new here...I can make this trip, is there room for a 24' trailer at the camping spots? And what the heck is "the swamp"?

Steve

I don't know, but my Pop's got his 37' RV into where we camped last time with no problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I tow it with a dodge cummins 4x4, it has living accommodations and room for the exploder. Just a thought, we can always tent it...not like we arnt used to that.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back