The California End of Summer Run. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The California End of Summer Run.

We have run:

Onion Springs
Bald Mnt.
Strawberry Route
Red Lake Rte
Bear Diversion
And walked part of the Dusy

I think thats all.

Most of them were run with my X and lifted cherokee with no lockers. Red lake was challenging and the last obstacle was very difficult. The other were very good for stockers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok

im waiting for my little bro to get off of my other comp so i can scan some of these maps in. i got info and maps on:
Spanish ohv route
dusy
red mountain routes
swamp
brewer
also some stuff on green sticker vehicles

camping

There are only two camping areas at shaver camp edison, and camp dorabella i think that is what it is called. any way Stic-o im not sure how many people are going but if you go to www.reserveusa.com and put on shaver it will bring up avalible campsitesand you can also reserve site off of the site. just thought it might help a little.

i have maps

i need some one to be able to post these maps if i send them through e mail i have a few scanned and ready to go. just pm me with an email to send them to

Those maps (trail directions plus area maps) are all now available in small and large versions at: http://www.ritualsuicide.com/shaver-lake/

All in one zip (4.3 mb)

If you print them, print an extra copy for anyone who doesn't get them here. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Here is some camping reservation info (all had available space when I edited this):

Shaver Lake
Camp Edison
Rates $22 to $42, pets $4 ea

Dorabelle

Huntington Lake
Billy Creek
Catavee
College
Kinnikinnick
Rancheria

Rates: Unknown... probably $15-$25 per night.

Alright....I'm all set. Next weekend I will be doing a pre-run. Probally no offroading, just scouting. In fact I'm not even sure which truck I'm going with yet. :rolleyes: Depends on if I get my New Gibson on or not. ;) I will be scouting stuff out saturday. (It's kinda a get away for me and the wife too) I am going to probbaly stop and speak with the Ranger and find out more info about the area, as well as logging and a place for all of us to camp hopefully. Once I get back I would like to try and get a finally tally started on who is going to make it. :burnout:

when is this event happening? I might be able to show up. I'm not sure my dune prerunner 2wd is 4x4 trailready? I sorta like sand.

Re-read the first post... there's more info there than you are seeing :)

August 27th-29th

BTW: If we're there, we'll be sticking to "moderate" and easier trails.

Ritsui said:
Re-read the first post... there's more info there than you are seeing :)

August 27th-29th

BTW: If we're there, we'll be sticking to "moderate" and easier trails.

I was hopeing to get the hard cores to show up too :rolleyes: Rick, Jefe, John, Bill, Dave, Brian and so on. :bounce:

Stic-o said:
I was hopeing to get the hard cores to show up too :rolleyes: Rick, Jefe, John, Bill, Dave, Brian and so on. :bounce:
What, so we can tow you around all weekend? :p

I'd love to come, but I can't afford to take anymore days off work in August. Already have the first week & 1/2 off for vacation. So even if I decide to come its only gonna be for a day & 1/2. :(

Stic-o said:
I was hopeing to get the hard cores to show up too :rolleyes::
No offense, but I'm getting tired of people here brushing off anyone who doesn't want to flip their rig while rock-crawling. Making a event open (even if in sentiment, not exclusion) only to people with lockers and 6+ inches of lift eliminates the vast majority of members here. If you want a really fun event, maybe you could try not ignoring people like me who off-road a lot, but within the lesser logical limits of a "daily driver" 4x4.

Though this is the third or fourth event posted here which I've been interested in, I've yet to meet anyone on this forum (that I know of) and I find myself less likely to join events posted here with nearly every post. Meanwhile, my wife and I are having a blast (albeit a risky one), driving local trails virtually alone. Have fun in Shaver Lake. We may very well meet you there, but from the sound of it we'll probably be off camping and running the trails by ourselves. :banghead:

Most of our Serious Explorations runs are for all levels of vehicles. Have you ever joined us at Truckhaven, Moab, or at one of the Arizona runs? Truckhaven is in So Cal and we've been doing multiple runs there every year for the past 5 years... So if there is a run that's too difficult don't get so discouraged... there are plenty of other runs that you can particpate in.

With things going as slowly as they are with the SAS my truck will most likey not be ready for this run. I will hower try to make the run, dont think my Neon will be doing any trails. Though there is almost always an open seat in someones truck. Hopefully DB_1 will have his truck in running order, so he and I can split the cost of the trip and just take his truck. :)

Just so you know there are people (Like Jefe or Rick for instance)that all started out with a stock truck and have worked there way up through the ranks. Those people know where there roots came from, and those peolple havn't forgot what it's like to be stock with 31's or what ever level anyone is. These runs are about bringing people together and having a good time. Just so you know Jefe is highly modifed(as well as a daily driver for him) and yet didn't mind going out wheel'n with me when I had 31's and basicly stock, Heck I'm still basicly stock! They do care, and they don't mind spending some time with the stockers to show them what is possiable with that stocker. We are all a big happy family. So lets all to get together and have a good time! ;)

I love this family... disfunctional at times. but we're still family.

Run this weekend

i can also make a run this week end if u want a local to kinda help you out stic-o. so if you want just reply and we can meet up some where like in prather since you have to pass it on your way up any way.

Thanks
Ryan :p

my93x said:
i can also make a run this week end if u want a local to kinda help you out stic-o. so if you want just reply and we can meet up some where like in prather since you have to pass it on your way up any way.

Thanks
Ryan :p

I' going up late friday nite, and staying in Fresno. Me and the wife are gonna try to hit Yosimetie, and Seqoia's on the back Sunday. :rolleyes: It's gonna be a long weekend!

ok

Stic-o said:
I' going up late friday nite, and staying in Fresno. Me and the wife are gonna try to hit Yosimetie, and Seqoia's on the back Sunday. :rolleyes: It's gonna be a long weekend!

Friday nights in fresno is pretty cool, well i am only 18 but there a pretty cool cruzin scene. but if you want we can meet up saturday morning and go up to shaver. You are going to have a long weekend but yosimite and sequoias are awsome and well worth it. just pm me and i can give you my number and we can think of a time or somthing
thanks

so guys. whats up with the reservations on the site? are we each individually going to have to reserve a spot or wut?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt there'd be enough time to organize a group reservation even if group sites are still available (peak season...) and someone wanted to take that on. We're looking at individual campsites in Camp Edison, Dorabelle or even farther out.

See my post above for direct links to campsite maps and reservations.

Back