Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

SANY0002.jpg

Slight Lean ? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just cannot picture that place with moisture of any sort, well at least without salt in it.........

__ [[__] l\____\
__ [-------L- - []---[]
... ()_) ..()_)-o--)_)

Off topic but this is a little more Ford friendly version of your Sig
Xplorerkid, kinda EB/BII :)

Sorry a little bored at work.

__ ___________
__ [__[_]_l\____\__
__ [----_l_- L-- []---[]
____.l\/ l\/__ .l\/ l\/
...()_)=O=.()_)=O==)_)

I had to go with it. Four door lifted with full width axles.

Fenderguy said:
Oh ya I for got that DB 1 and BKennedy felt the wrath of me on the washes too.

Care to elaborate? Thought Brian had a pretty trail worthy truck!

Oh Ya!! What an excellent weekend of fourwheeling and partying! It was great to see everyone again. We had no new board members out there this time just regulars. That made for some excellent trips out into the desert. Tow straps were only rarely needed as everyone made most of the obstacles look easy ;)

I'll be posting my pics tonight.

Diff Whack Daddy said:
SANY0004.jpg

Looks like somebody found the mud there. You must have hit that puddle doing about 30 to get it up on the roof like that.

We found the mud along the side road the parallells 86S. Jefe hit it hard enough to almost nail the people on highway. That and everyone behind us said there was no water left when they went through. Chunks of dirt clobs (what was mud) is still falling off the truck. Where ever I park it leaves a dirt ring :D

XplorerKid said:
SANY0002.jpg

Slight Lean ? :D

Yeah there is, what's up with that Jefe? Looks like you might want to take a look at that.

Positive Vibes said:
Signing up for pics!

YOU GET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a great time with some good friends. Lets do it again soon. As soon as Rick signs me up for elite explorer status, I will post some pictures. Oh, he already did.

BKennedy said:
Now if I could just figure out how to post pictures............ :eek:

Go to photo Gallery at the top.. then upload photos. You'll have to down size then however. It pretty simple. Congrats on your Eliteness....It's about dam time! :p

I made it home a few minutes ago.

The zuk was throwing fits all weekend. First lost a belt, then a nut fell off that holds the battery cable to the starter, then it popped the clutch cable off a holder, lastly it lost the clamp bolt for the clutch arm, which meant I had no clutch at all.. BUT, we got it all fixed, and it drove on to the trailer under it's own power this morning.

The bonfires was great, the tree burn was simply incredible, incredible weather (it kept getting warmer every night!), scaring Jefe once (or was that twice?) and having him lift a tire was priceless.

I greatly enjoyed the potluck, and the backup plan of hotdogs/hamburgers put smiles on everyone's faces, so that makes the whole trip worth it for me!

DWD, we found the hill in your avatar, but the hole is gone now, but it's still a good drop off (and slide).

I'm jealous :( :) :thumbsup:

Here are my pics.

1. Me in Paul Bredehoft's X
1600Colin1.jpg

2. Me again in Paul's X
1600Colin2.jpg

3. Mark "Felix" Flexin' the new SAS.
1600Felix.jpg

4. Jefe (The first time I've seen him stuck) sorry Jefe, had to post it. :)
1600Jefe1.jpg

5. Jefe in the second most popular Jefe pose.
1600Jefe2.jpg

6. Rick in classic form.
1600Rick.jpg

7. Tom "FAKRWEE" when his wheel fell right off while flexing hard.
1600Tom1.jpg

8. Finally Tom "FAKRWEE" other side of the shot above, again flexin hard.
1600Tom2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics Rick/Fenderguy! It looks like it was a lot of fun, and everybody's trucks are looking awesome.

Back