Photos - Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

Excellent video! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup:
Stic-o that is a great video! The night cruise through the arroyo was a surreal scene :)

Is this the buggy you guys saw during the night run??

DSCF4953.jpg

No, it had a blue frame. And the driver cage was slanted, like //.

it was a chassis like this but it had a chevy 350 LS-1 in it. And it was blue with some crazy stuff writen on the sides. More on what RangerX said. The passenger side of the cage was almost non-existant. It was seriously only enough cage to protect the driver then kicked out at the bottom to cover the Tcase and stuff. I will try to find a picture of the one we actually saw.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308894&highlight=rock+buggy

These pictures are high jacked from the pirate board.

edit cant steal pics from Pirate4x4.com ....

That looks pretty close Marc. I rember It had a big 350 in it and the axles had there diffs all the way to each side. I think it had coil overs though. :rolleyes: It was a monster! I should Have got some pics. It was driving around with a YJ and it had some offroad shops name on the side, from I wanna say Riverside....not sure.

Edit: i also remember it had 4 wheel steering!

it was air shocks on all corners and a bad arse LS-1 with headers that came up over the valve covers with some little polished race mufflers. I just wanted to ask the guy if I could drive it. Then my sences came back and kept my mouth shut.

I could just see me totaling a $45K rock crawler in truck haven going 2 feet.

I also remember the guy was starved for attention, cause he drove around us three or four times. It was a mid or rear engine LS1 motor.

Great video Stic!

My favorite picture, a bunch of guys standing around looking at a hole in the ground.......
3817DSCF0132-med.jpg

Another, thanks to Jeff helping me figure out how to post pics.
3817DSCF0166-med.JPG

Rick in the hole
3817DSCF01401-med.JPG

Freefall
3817DSCF0157-med.JPG

Lunchtime lineup
3817DSCF0168-med.JPG

Rick and my friend Dan
3817DSCF0171-med.JPG

Great Pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Had a blast!!
I cant wait to go again.

-joshua

BKennedy said:
My favorite picture, a bunch of guys standing around looking at a hole in the ground.......

LOL

You have any more video guys? :)

I would drive out to Thaven just to do night runs...I assume nobody does nigth runs in say Moab? Or have I just never been invited?

haha

Too easy to get lost and then your screwed :) truckhaven = just walk back to top of hill, get your bearing, walk to camp.

its more like a rock crawling suit then a vehicle Is it an optical illusion or is the cab frame skewed?

The buggy we saw was one of the ones built by shannon campbell. The guy driving owns a couple of off roads shops in the orange county/ LA area. Think the name is extreme image or something like that. I have seen him at a few different comps. It was blue with fabtech stickers on it.

Yep, that was just like it.

Isn't that the guy that couldn't build a winner himself so he had Campbell build him one and put his name on the side?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

410Fortune said:
I would drive out to Thaven just to do night runs...I assume nobody does nigth runs in say Moab? Or have I just never been invited?
John and I have done a night run up to Top of the World. The problem is on the official runs we always meet so early every morning that a night run is out of the question (especailly for us that drive 12+ hrs just to get there).

Back