Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

..They did not produce for our Dana 35 and their setup for the Dana 44 (yes the same nuts work) our Dana 35 hubs will not fit over the Stage8 set-up..:(
http://www.stage8.com/offroad.html

..I do however have a call in to Glenn at Stage 8 and when he is back in the office tomorrow he will call me with what is the latest on taking care of our RBV's..

..It might not hurt if a number of others who are interested in this, also give Glenn a call tomorrow at 800-843-7836 expressing the want and the need for this to finally happen..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll talk with them in person about them next week at Sema just to keep it fresh in their head! I'd heard the OD of the setup is too large to fit inside the hubs.

I picked up 3 extra washers and c-clips at the junkyard yesterday and tossed them in my glovebox.

I'd heard the OD of the setup is too large to fit inside the hubs.

They gave me one to test fit a few years ago. Didn't work. As you said, the OD is too large for the D35 hubs.

I'm 99.999999999999% the CNS-16 would thread onto the spindles but like the stage 8 the OD is too large for the hub to slide on. A thin version of one of these would be really nice!

http://www.whittet-higgins.com/part.php?series_id=13

I know some people that are running the D35 outters on 2WD prerunner setups with these 100% problem free but they're not running the hubs, or if they are, they've gutted them for clearance.

BTW, I hammer my outter nut down with my air gun. Last time I checked it I was torqued to around 240 ft/lbs so I'm not one of the under torquing people out there on those nuts! LOL I also usually torque the inner to about 30 ft/lbs, then back it off to hand tight and tighten it till there's a hint of drag. By the time I hammer down the outter it creates just a minor drag on the rotor by hand which is how I've always set all my vehicles. I also make a point to clean the contact surfaces of the nuts and washer with brake or carb cleaner so they're clean/non grease friction points.

Man, thats some nice area for wheelin, y'all are pretty lucky, looks like good times!

Warn used to make lock nuts with three set screws in them which engaged the washer below. Worked great, that's what I used when I ran the D35. Unfortunately Warn discontinued them :(

Another thing to bug them about at SEMA.

I know Dana 35 nuts fit on Dana 44 spindles, so I don't see why it would not work the other way around. I am using the old nuts off my D35 for my SAS because Warn warrantied them about a year ago when one of them developed hairline cracks.
I use blue lock tight on clean threads to keep the outer nut in place. Been doing that for years and it works. Easy off with an impact wrench. Winters idea.

..With all the camera's that were taking pictures around camp, I'm surprised no picture have been posted of the potluck, the 3 foxes who kept raiding camp from all sides, the real fire, or even the big chair..:popcorn:

..Anyone have a carnage report to share on all of the vehicles?

Ok Ted, Here is the photo of Adam's car at camp (For all of you who think your vehicles couldn't make it to camp) and his really BIG chair. The little foxes were too fast and no photos of the potluck although I did get a photo with Chris and you can see the steaks Chris was cooking for my Birthday dinner.

Trip was great, weather couldn't have been better. Just one stuck, just not enough clearance or speed to get over the peak. Photo of me climbing out the window on my second try. Thanks DB-1 for the pull backs, twice. Made it over on the third try. Found out later that I had bent the skid plate under the transfer case on that one. It was rubbing and had to pry out some before the drive home.

Love the photo of the front suspension on the Pumpkin. Chris got some great close up shots.

Also is a shot of the group coming along the ridge on the way out.

Thanks to Mark for letting me ride with you on the Night run. I enjoyed the recliner your vehicle has. Of course Stick-o had to out do you.
This is just a great group to hang out with.:thumbsup:

We were the last ones out on Sunday. Got Clyde's water bowl and will return it next time. Gassed up before leaving, got a whopping 4mpg (while off road). Ac didn't work was apparently low on pressure and wouldn't you know it I didn't have the stuff with me. Was a warm ride until we hit Julian.
Spent two good days cleaning the dust out, re shaping the skid plate and adding a can of R134a to the Ac and a little touch up to the bottom of my tupperware. Now my daily driver is back in shape. Until next time.
2013_1026_180911AA.jpg
2013_1026_181715AA.jpg
2013_1025_171641AB.jpg
2013_1025_165755AA.jpg
2013_1026_103356AA.jpg
DSC05375.jpg

..Great pictures..:biggthump

..and 4mpg...ouch...I'm surprised you made it home on one tank..:(

..I know Rick and Mark and a few others still have some pictures to upload and share..I thought I snapped a couple pictures with my phone of the stove and stuff I was trying out but I guess I didn't..:rolleyes:

..I got home and after searching online I found some repairs for my camera so now it will turn on and stay on without the zoom error message and quickly shutting down..:)

I wish you had mentioned something about your A/C needing a charge. I carry a couple cans in the Dodge since it's had a mystery leak since it was new:eek: It goes through about a can a year with no trace of where it's going even with the UV dye:dunno:

..Great pictures..:biggthump

..and 4mpg...ouch...I'm surprised you made it home on one tank..:(

..:)

That was while off road:eek: Pulling the trailer home I was able to make 17mpg and had 19 on the way out.

Rick, Thanks but I didn't run the A/C until I hit the road heading home and you were long gone. I usually carry a can but think I used it on my F350 and didn't replace it. Not sure whats up yet with it:scratch:, I may have shook something loose as it is starting to cycle again, but then the weather is turning cold now so some where down the road I will add some dye and look again.

Warn used to make lock nuts with three set screws in them which engaged the washer below. Worked great, that's what I used when I ran the D35. Unfortunately Warn discontinued them :(

Another thing to bug them about at SEMA.

I've heard of racers actually putting tack welds on them...

But this is an idea for sure. Wouldn't be hard to drill and tap them for set screws. Hmmmm... I'm hearing rumors of another alternative though. I've been given a mission to get the ball rolling though and will gather parts this weekend. I need to refresh myself on what's needed to pull the nuts off the autohub setup though, it's been roughly 12 years since I did one! LOL I noticed the other day on my hunt for splined washers something was different but didn't pay any attention to what it was...

(Edit: Found a pictorial on how to get the auto hub nut setup off... Glad I did cause I wouldn't have probably brought anything to get the key out of the keyway that's needed.)

...you need a dental pick to pull the dog out of the slot and channel locks for the nuts as they are a different size nut, toss em..;)

..:shifty_ey ..secret message this evening will self destruct in 10 minutes....

...Now if we get Paul to come put in January Brian1 and ScottB.need to bring their rigs put too..

I know you two can hear me..:p:

LOL, that's the tool I would not have had if I hadn't seen that thread I found! LOL I'd have had channel locks but no way I would've tossed in a pick.

BTW, I'll have everything we discussed except the manual nut assembly but i don't foresee that being needed.

What weekend is the Jan run? I'm sure my dog would be down for more lovin by then!!! Just have to see if it fits my schedule. I need to be careful with my days off next year. I have some big trips in the works for '14.

...the manual nuts may not be needed.
.:)

..usually MLK weeke.d but we do need someone to post up a real date so we can plan around it...:biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a real holiday? Like people get paid to not be at work that day?

Back