Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

In Kalifornia, they bunched President Washington and Lincoln's birthdays together and gave us MLK day.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In Kalifornia, they bunched President Washington and Lincoln's birthdays together and gave us MLK day.

AZ did it as well, but only after the state finally recognized MLK day as a holiday. AZ was the last state to do so.

AZ did it as well, but only after the state finally recognized MLK day as a holiday. AZ was the last state to do so.

I always liked Arizona. Still working on the wife to move to the northern part of the state. Keep leaving ranch property flyers on the computer. Some of the places up there are unbelievable. For example; 40+ acres, less than a mile off I-40, but over a hill so you can't see/hear the freeway, big modern log house, 40x60 insulated metal building, barn, hay storage, arena, solar powered with a well, and adjacent to national forest lands. Asking $249000 in Williams.

Not to get off topic but if you're seriously considering property up there, do some serious looking into the water situation of any land you buy. Take it from me, first hand... I have to have water hauled to my property as I happen to own some record breaking land that happens to be sitting on/sharing an aquifer with the prestigious title of highest level of natural arsenic in the nation... Yippy!!!

not to get off topic but if you're seriously considering property up there, do some serious looking into the water situation of any land you buy. Take it from me, first hand... I have to have water hauled to my property as i happen to own some record breaking land that happens to be sitting on/sharing an aquifer with the prestigious title of highest level of natural arsenic in the nation... Yippy!!!

yikes!!

One of the neighbors likes it though, he's got his worthless $30K well plumbed up to an irrigation system now and just simply turns it on when he needs to deal with killing weeds!!! LOL The whole area became aware of it about 3 weeks after I closed escrow on my dirt. Before that, it was unknown so I had no disclosure type of recourse on my side. Luckily, it was discovered about 3 days before me and a neighbor had our $30K shared well scheduled to be drilled!!! Shut down that commitment and plopped down a 3000 gallon water tank.

It's not all like that up there though, it's rare... But be careful! There's also patches where the water is very scarce... Don't let the great sales prices up there entice you too much without doing some legit research into the properties water situation is all I'm saying! I loved it up there for the 4 years I lived there. I'd still be there if there was a job market for me.

Mark was just talking about arsenic down by him at the run last weekend.

So I finally had time to put my camping stuff away this weekend and clean out JP. Kids left a half eaten lunchable in the small cooler:fart:

And I found a LED flash light:D Probably the person was just happy to get out of the truck alive. :p:

Chris I put it in the glove box for when I see you or your dad next;)

A Raptor took a poopie in the cooler.

:bsnicker::wavey:

So I finally had time to put my camping stuff away this weekend and clean out JP. Kids left a half eaten lunchable in the small cooler:fart:)

Yuck... I've done that myself with a sandwich:eek:

I did that this time.. I haven't emptied the big cooler yet...

Thursday is trash day so I'll dump it onto the ground this afternoon and use a shovel to get it into the trash..

The uncooked Brats, eggs and other stuff is gonna be interesting...

I'm sure I'll have to hit it with the pressure washer this weekend.

~Mark

Khris...the parts you supplied at SEMA wound up going to the show in Indiana..:banghead:

Engineering will start in a couple weeks for the dana 35 ..

Back