Truck haven! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck haven!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning on one truckhaven event between now and the Jan2007 event..

I would like to go during Thanksgiving, and I prefer now to camp up on the bluffs (seems to be less ATV's up there..)

Fly out and hitch a ride :D

I'm thinking about flying to Pinole and hitching a ride from there. :p

section525 said:
I'm thinking about flying to Pinole and hitching a ride from there. :p

There's a pod on top of the camper you can ride in.

Now, before you think I'm antisocial.. Well, I am. But not totally.

I don't mind if someone wants to hitch a ride with me down to Truckhaven from NorCal.

I normally try to leave the SF Bay area in the evening; and drive all night to get to Truckhaven, or stop at the top of Grapevine, grab a few hours of sleep, and continue on. I do this to:

a) Avoid SoCal traffic.
b) Maximize wheeling time.

You know I'm not allowed to get into cars with strangers! :D

I'm hoping to have my junk pretty close to done by the end of October. So maybe I could make a November trip.

Another way to look at it - you guys get your POS's done so we can pick a date or two.

:p

27/28
Hi Guy's, guess there's 2 maybe's and 1 no. Maybe someone can put up another date. That weekend is the only one I can make it too until December. :(

That's the weekend before SEMA. I don't think I would be able to make it.:(

October 27/28 is a possibility for me, I wish I could know for sure. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

Rick said:
That's the weekend before SEMA. I don't think I would be able to make it.:(

Don't worry, we'll always have 3/7. :D

Wow seems like we have Stic-o, Bill, John and Jefe. Still a month to go. Hope the rest of the wild bunch and some new guy's can make it.

RangerX said:
Another way to look at it - you guys get your POS's done so we can pick a date or two.

:p
Good idea. I'll leave it up to the others though. I think I'll be a passenger for a while. I have less than no money, so I can't even afford JY axles right now... :rolleyes:

FROADER said:
Good idea. I'll leave it up to the others though. I think I'll be a passenger for a while. I have less than no money, so I can't even afford JY axles right now... :rolleyes:

Colin which side did you brake? the EB side or the BB side? or is it the outer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driver side inner and outer.

BrokenShafts.jpg

Back