Truck haven! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck haven!

Colin,
I'm still thinking my stub shafts will work for you...our stuff is the same from the knuckles out.

Let's do this, i'll bring out a stub shaft and a u-joint to the Expo then whenever you take your axle apart you can compare them and see if it works. If everything is cool, then all you got to buy is an inner shaft and your golden :thumbsup: If it happens that it won't fit, no biggie and at least we tried.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are a dime a dozen here in the p-n-p's.. I can drop by and get a set at the next 50% off sell, and bring them down to Truckhaven next time I'm there..

It could be. They don't really announce the 1/2 price sales till about 1 week before, so I'll just keep watching - they normally announce them at http://www.picknpull.com/

FAKRWEE said:
Don't worry, we'll always have 3/7. :D

Wow seems like we have Stic-o, Bill, John and Jefe. Still a month to go. Hope the rest of the wild bunch and some new guy's can make it.

Hi Rock Ranger. 27/28 some of the guy's are maybe's for this date. This is the only weekend I have available till Dec. If this doesn't happen I might go out to Arizona and see if Rick and Hammer are available. I just got to do something that weekend. :eek: :confused:

I have the weekends of October 6 and the 21's off already. Would love to go but I can only go on one of those weekends.

FROADER said:
I think there is a difference of like .8 of an inch. I'll take you up on that though and try it, and thanks Dave. :)

No prob Colin, I just put in my locker and new shafts so my old shafts are good to go.

Speaking of 1/2 off at P-N-P, they are having that at the yards in Sun Valley this weekend :rolleyes:

I've got everything finished now on my rig but I still can't figure out my balancing problem even after adding 5oz. more airsoft BB's in each tire :mad:

Looks like we are going to Glamis on the weekend of 21st, so have fun in Truckhaven! Its a family event we usually go every year with about 100 other RV's. You guys would not like it, its all sand and no 4X4's.

So have we confirmed a date for the Oct. run yet? Matt mentioned the weekend of the 21st which is fine by me...anybody else?

Good news, I switched out my front pass. tire for my spare and low and behold, no shake or shimmy :D The funny thing is that there's no balance beads in that tire...go figure :confused: I took it up to 55mph but i need to give it the real test on the freeway to see what it does.

Hi Guy's I'm out the 21st. I also made plans to visit Rick on the weekend of the 28th. Anyone off and wants to come, you're invited.

I'm confused now :confused: There's no way I can have my truck ready by the 21st. that only gives me next weekend to get it ready, and I need more time. 28th is really pushing it too. :(

I'm sorry. I thought no one was going. The 21st kept popping up. So, who can go the 28th. I'm just desperate. :eek: to wheel. I even fixed the navajo up so I can flat tow it and not have to count on a passenger to drive it out. Rick's gonna kill me. :rolleyes: but I can always go in Dec.

I can maybe do the 28th. Depends on work it is crazy right now. I'm gone for the next two weeks hopefully the 21st I can install my rear locker and head out the 28th.

Jefe said:
So we aren't doing Truckhaven on the 28/29th??? :(

That date works better for me...I forgot I'm going to a wedding on the 21st.

Ok so the 28th huh... I guess I better stop and pick up some u-joints on the way home ;)

Edit: Just ordered some joints frome currie, they a little more $$ then other people but they will be here by the end of the week for sure. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back