• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Truck Haven

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1991 sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Lompoc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 eddie bauer
Lol RN till Dec 28th er something were stay at home order if u do go count on gavin newsom bringing his rigs as well. It's been a tough year.

Travisfab

GoFastExplorers
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SD, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Another
I think that everyone who is considering doing this should still save the date. We can’t camp in Ocotillo Wells (state park) right now, but Superstition (BLM land) is only a few minutes away, & has & always will be open. NO ONE CAN STOP US from going camping in the desert on BLM land.

I’ve organized meets in the past in this area & as long as we don’t have vendors, no one is going to say a damn thing!

B6D1B8A0-FA5A-4A86-8BED-15C715531847.jpeg

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Isn't Truckhaven BLM land? @BKennedy ?

In 2007 California State Parks acquired lands north of S-22 in Imperial County. This area has been known as Freeman, Desert Cahuilla and Truckhaven Hills. In 2010 a southern section of the land formally became part of Ocotillo Wells SVRA.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
If the state park is still closed to camping next month, maybe we could move this over to Superstition Mountain area. Like TravisFab says, its nearby and BLM land so its open. I might be able to get out there for a day drive and look around after Christmas since I haven't been there since I was a kid on a motorcycle.
Superstition Mountain - California Trail Map

I am hoping to be able to make this trip, if it goes.

Travisfab

GoFastExplorers
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SD, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Another
So are we doing this? Superstition/Plaster City is very close (10 miles) and wide open for camping.

I think at this point we need to call this a bunch of friends camping in the desert & not any sort of an "event"

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
:( :banghead:

I wish I was at Truck Haven and not on my couch.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
:( :banghead:

I wish I was at Truck Haven and not on my couch.

It would have been a beautiful day out there too. It was in the 80's

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Keep letting us know when you are planning meets or day runs, I will make it out there eventually.

Travisfab

GoFastExplorers
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SD, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Another
Well, I know who to contact when I'm ready to get rid of the Navajo axles now:laugh:
If you have Dana 44 axles, I want them!

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Truckhaven area is open again to primitive camping, along with the Anza-Borrego State Park.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.