Truck Haven | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven

We may be in, the truck is on her way to the shop today. She has been sitting for a long time.

image.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I started this thread in April I was really hoping that COVID would be behind us by now. Sadly it just keeps on going...

I asked Brian about California's rules regarding bringing groups together for events such as this. This is the part which I feel affects us the most:

A gathering of no more than three households is permitted in a public park or other outdoor space, even if unrelated gatherings of other groups up to three households are also occurring in the same park or other outdoor space. If multiple such gatherings are occurring, mixing between group gatherings is not allowed. Additionally, multiple gatherings of three households cannot be jointly organized or coordinated to occur in the same public park or other outdoor space at the same time – this would constitute a gathering exceeding the permitted size.

Being that I am the organizer and I'm from out of state that IMO makes things worse for myself and Serious Explorations.

If @Travisfab wants to continue on with inviting his group from California that's up to him, you guys are at least residents.

I'm not concerned. We're all social distancing outside. It's not like we're all cramming in a motorhome watching a movie.:rolleyes:

I'm not concerned. We're all social distancing outside. It's not like we're all cramming in a motorhome watching a movie.:rolleyes:

I have to be concerned about liability. All it takes is a visit from the state park rangers and they will be looking for someone to blame for the group.

I have to be concerned about liability. All it takes is a visit from the state park rangers and they will be looking for someone to blame for the group.

The way the CA government has been treating other entities (ie, churches and amusement parks..), I'd be worried too.

OK, so it this run still happens; It will be a group of friends who happen to plan events, in part on the Explorer Forum, but the forum in no way sanctions such events.

We're just a bunch of guys who showed up in the middle of the desert with similar interests...no group affiliation. :p

A lot of people have been going out to Johnson valley without any problems. I would hope it would be the same down in ocotillo/truckhaven

Are we doing this?

Are we doing this?

I believe Truck Haven is in the Anza-Borrego state park. If that is so here are the current restrictions:

Closed at this park:

• Camping (developed and primitive)
  • Dispersed Backcountry Camping
  • Peg Leg and Culp Valley Primitive Camping Areas
  • Borrego Palm Canyon Full Hookup Campsites
  • Tamarisk Grove Campground Campgrounds
  • Arroyo Salado, Blair Valley, Yaqui Pass, Yaqui Well, Bow Willow, Mt. Palm Springs, and Fish Creek primitive camps
  • Anza Borrego Visitor Center (Information in available outside Thursdays-Mondays)
  • Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
  • Group camps and group picnic areas
I haven't found anything that mentions Truck Haven separate from the park.

The only thing I know for sure about what the future holds, is that I know nothing for sure:banghead:

I noticed that they opened up the parks right before summer, then closed them again when the weather got nicer. This state sucks. How does dispersed camping cause COVID spread?

I noticed that they opened up the parks right before summer, then closed them again when the weather got nicer. This state sucks. How does dispersed camping cause COVID spread?

No rhyme or reason :(

This was all my idea, remember......... Always trying to steal my credit. Tell them I also said their hats are stupid.

So...we can wheel, just no camping?

I didn't realize it was closed like that. I know people have been camping in ocotillo

Maybe I need to run out there one day in-between Christmas and New Years for recon :shifty:

Maybe I need to run out there one day in-between Christmas and New Years for recon :shifty:
I was thinking the same thing...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back