• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Truck Haven

DUDER 1

Reaction score
City, State
Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
We may be in, the truck is on her way to the shop today. She has been sitting for a long time.

image.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
When I started this thread in April I was really hoping that COVID would be behind us by now. Sadly it just keeps on going...

I asked Brian about California's rules regarding bringing groups together for events such as this. This is the part which I feel affects us the most:

A gathering of no more than three households is permitted in a public park or other outdoor space, even if unrelated gatherings of other groups up to three households are also occurring in the same park or other outdoor space. If multiple such gatherings are occurring, mixing between group gatherings is not allowed. Additionally, multiple gatherings of three households cannot be jointly organized or coordinated to occur in the same public park or other outdoor space at the same time – this would constitute a gathering exceeding the permitted size.

Being that I am the organizer and I'm from out of state that IMO makes things worse for myself and Serious Explorations.

If @Travisfab wants to continue on with inviting his group from California that's up to him, you guys are at least residents.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm not concerned. We're all social distancing outside. It's not like we're all cramming in a motorhome watching a movie.:rolleyes:

I have to be concerned about liability. All it takes is a visit from the state park rangers and they will be looking for someone to blame for the group.

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
I have to be concerned about liability. All it takes is a visit from the state park rangers and they will be looking for someone to blame for the group.

The way the CA government has been treating other entities (ie, churches and amusement parks..), I'd be worried too.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
OK, so it this run still happens; It will be a group of friends who happen to plan events, in part on the Explorer Forum, but the forum in no way sanctions such events.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT

We're just a bunch of guys who showed up in the middle of the desert with similar interests...no group affiliation. :p

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
A lot of people have been going out to Johnson valley without any problems. I would hope it would be the same down in ocotillo/truckhaven