Truck haven! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck haven!

appearantly I can't air down past 12 psi even with beadlocks, or at least until I get a narrower width tire than the 13.5" wide IROKS I have now, just too much tire for the 16x8 wheels I have I suppose. :

I have some narrower tires I will trade you :D

Wish I could have made it. I got to spend the weekend working.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good Times! :thumbsup:

Well started out the Saturday with the guys from FSB. Jefe, John, Dave and I Kinda took it easy on them. They were all IFS up front and we were all solid. It's kinda funny sounding though..the explorer guys going easy on the bronco guys. :D I had prombems before with some of my clip staying in on my pasanger u-joint, and after replacing it last weekend, we ended up losing the clips out of it again about 10 mins into our first run. It rotated with funny noises a few times and we pulled it over. By then we could see that I had lost a clip and the joint pulled away and all of needle berrings fell out.:( At that point I took it out of 4WD, unlocked the hubs and headed it back to camp. On the back got it stuck pretty good in some deep sand, which would have been no trouble if the front was working.:rolleyes: Got it back to camp and went back out riding with John in his Jeep. After driving around with the FSB guys we headed back to camp. The FSB guys called it a day, and I desided to try to get the truck back ready to go for a night run. After tearing apart the front end things didn't look good. I was missing 1 cap off the outer shaft and the other side was about 30% gone. The cross looked good, but the shafts took a beating. One of the holes was starting to oval. After some grinding and some help from the crew we got the shaft back together. (thanks to Jefe haveing some extra caps:thumbsup: ) We desided to tack the the caps on with the welder knowing the same would happen again, and the shaft wasn't going to live forever. Put it back together, ate some dinner and went for the night run. As Jefe said run before... it was kinda boring almost. I lead and Jefe, Dave and John we're having trouble keeping up though the ditchs:p: I found some nice stuff, and even remember the words "holly crap" coming over the CB from Jefe, after working through a section I just went through.;) The next morning we got up and did a run. Dave desided to leave is truck at camp. We found some nice tight sections where John's jeep looked to fit pretty tightly, yet Jefe and I follow right behind with no problems. By the end of our run Jefe desided to park himself on a 3 foot boulder at the top of a hill. It looked a little hariy for a bit but John winched him back up and off.

Overall, this was a great run. My truck performed almost flawless! It's really nice to be able to go out and be able to just enjoy the drive and not worry about getting high centerd or digging holes. I'm very happy how the truck came out. My only hope is that I will now fianally lose my nick name...:rolleyes:

I didn't get many pictures or hardly any video :( But here is some pics of the the flex I pulled from the night run footage.:thumbsup:

Flex22.jpg

Flex5.jpg

Siiiiiiick! :cool:

Well what do you have to change on the truck now?? Anything?? :D

Siiiiiiick! :cool:

Well what do you have to change on the truck now?? Anything?? :D

Need to move the rear shocks in closer to the body. They tires are rubbing on them at full flex. Also need to trim the front of the driver fender, tire is rubbing at full flex when turning. Other then that everything seems to work as it should:thumbsup:

Here's Jefe's Stuck:p:

Jefe.jpg

You gotta hand it to Jefe, when he gets "stuck" - he gets "STUCK!!" (with dramatic emphasis)

NICE! :thumbsup:

You gotta hand it to Jefe, when he gets "stuck" - he gets "STUCK!!" (with dramatic emphasis)
I just had to add a little recovery drill to keep our skills up to par. ;)
OR
I was just testing the strength of my control arm. :D

Just be glad I didn't get stuck in that ditch on the night run that chewed up my mirror. :eek: That was fun. :cool:

I didn't get many pictures or hardly any video :(
I've got ~10 mins of video I can send to you again.

Other than that I've only got a few pics of one of the Broncos trying to follow me through a ditch.

The next day!

Well...we broke something this weekend:( I made it all the way home frome my folks and about 3/4 they way to work, hit a pot hole and then it started. :rolleyes: I have a huge clicking in the left rear. Not sure what it is yet, I'm hopeing it's just something to do with the parking brake, although it still works. I'm go out at lunch and pull the rotor and see what I see. Worst case I snaped a axle shaft, although I don't see how.:rolleyes: It's got a rotating clicking noise that speeds up in down with speed. Brakes don't seem to effect it. I'll keep you guys updated....:rolleyes:

What is it with Jefe and his brother finding the only big rocks in Truckhaven?

26 days till the next run!

Bwwwaaaaa! :bsnicker:

False Alarm. Truck is fine, nothing broken.

I went out and jacked the rear end up, and went to try to see if I could move the wheel around. The things started wobbling and I looked down and all 5 lug nuts were lose:eek: Now I have not touched the wheel in some time, so I'm starting to wonder if some one tried to steal it last night:fire: or just try to be funny. They probally could not fine a jack to go high enough.:p:

That looks downright nasty:eek:
It shows how important a spotter in the passenger seat is.

It didn't feel too bad, but I knew I wasn't going to try to go forward because then it would get nasty, and I couldn't back up on my own power. As soon as John got up behind me I told them to throw a winch line on me and help me backup. But no. . .they had to let me hang there for what seemed like 10 minutes while they decided what to do. :eek: :rolleyes:

It shows how important a spotter in the passenger seat is.

It didn't feel too bad, but I knew I wasn't going to try to go forward because then it would get nasty, and I couldn't back up on my own power. As soon as John got up behind me I told them to throw a winch line on me and help me backup. But no. . .they had to let me hang there for what seemed like 10 minutes while they decided what to do. :eek: :rolleyes:

I think it was about ten minutes:p:

But how true it is to have a spotter in the other seat:thumbsup:

Jefe go ahead and send me that footage if you don't mind ;)

You want it in something besides DV .avi format this time?

Is that what you sent last time? I can't remember... Well somehow I got it to work, so I guess that's fine.:dunno:

Wait, I remember now. I think I could change it over but the quality suffered because of it. Send it as a MP4 please.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back