2002 Sport Trac SAS

2002 Explorer Sport Trac

Engine:
Stock 4.0
Taylor 8.8 MM Plug wires
Screamin Demon Coil
XCAL2 Tuned
Zabtek Cold Air intake
Random Tech "Y" pipe with custom FLowmaster exhaust. A few cats have been removed.

Transmission:
5R55E freshly rebuilt
1354 Borg Warner Electric Shift
Modified Superlift front driveshaft
Stock rear driveshaft

Front Axle:
89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Dana 44 low pinion
ARB Air Locker
4:56 Ring & Pinion
Superior Chromo Axles
CTM U-joints
Steel braided 28” brakelines
Warn manual locking hubs
Parts Mike Highsteer arms with 1" spacers
Parts Mime highsterr knuckles
5/5.5 conversion kit

Rear Axle:
Explorer 8.8 31 spline
PowerTrax Locker
4:56 Ring & Pinion
SOA conversion
Wheel spacer/adapter for 5/5.5 bolt pattern

Suspension:
BDS front shocks
Rancho RS5000 rear shocks stock height
Custom made 7 pack Waggy leafs up front
Stock leafs out back

Tires and Rims:
35x17x12.5 BFG KM2
Eagle Alloys model 951 17x9

Body Mods:
3" Body lift (may come out soon to allow for more suspension lift)
Clear corner lens
Sylvania Silverstar 9007 headlight bulbs
Sylvania Silverstar 9005 foglight bulbs

Sound System:
Kenwood head unit
(4) 6x9 Ifiniti speakers
(2) 8” Kicker Subs in a custom figerglass enclosure behind the rear seats
Alpine 4 channel Amplifier
Cobra 75WXST CB

Here is my build thread, I will apologize now for the stupid questions you will read from me..

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237526

There are a bunch of interior mods i did but this a SAS registry..

First was the install of the crossmember:
SASpics024.jpg

Then followed alot of cutting and grinding to get here, where the rear leaf mounts were installed:
SAS_001.jpg

Then a little more progress:
SAS_005.jpg

Steering was a PITA. Here is my Gen1 and Gen2 Hybris steering linkage:
SAS_036.jpg

Here is the Rack and Pinion steering cooler re-used and mounted to my crossmember:
SAS_009.jpg

More progress:
SAS_044.jpg

SAS_045.jpg

All this work to get here:

Picture059.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture052.jpg

100_1992.jpg

100_3485.jpg

100_1993.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think it is that big. Plus after riding with Brad my next set of wheels are gonna be 31" pro comp A/T's.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No atlas for me. I do not offroad my rig enough to justify the expense. So I have a new 1354 coming instead. However if I come across an atlas for sale I may buy it. But we have several other plans for our house that require more money. Gonna make an outdoor kitchen, pergola, new stamped patio, etc...

Best looking sport trac i've seen by far. do you have any comparison shots next to a stock ST? i can't quite comprehend how tall your rig actually is

HMM something like this ??? :)

whtraptor.jpg

That is likely/hopefully going to be the replacement for my Sport Trac. And then I need a white RZR in the bed.

I dunno if RZR will fit in the bed? On my short bed superduty it did with tailgate down, but that was everything it had to fit. These beds are even shorter. So I dont think it will. :( Do u want RZR S id assume, well worth lil extra $ over regualr one..

Chad when are you planning on selling your Trac ????? How much ??

That's one beautiful truck! My truck is the total opposite of yours. I have an LT setup for desert trips and the only thing they have in common is that they are white and 4wd.

That's one beautiful truck! My truck is the total opposite of yours. I have an LT setup for desert trips and the only thing they have in common is that they are white and 4wd.

Don't lie Demo... yours is only 2wd right now!! :D I can't wait any longer to get my new front axles.

OP, Nice truck! I'm jealous of your gears and lockers. I need to regear mine and get a detroit in the back. Keep up the good work.

Shhhhhh!! It's not my fault I'm 2wd. Have you heard anything from Aaron?

haha... I was told 3 weeks, 3 weeks ago!!! :( FML

Any updates?!

quick question around how did you spend on the project?
i have an 03 sport trac and want to do this to it.

Hey chad, I'm looking to convert my 2 wheel drive sport trac to a straight axle 4x4 and I was curious if this is what you did or if you started with a 4x4 and just added the straight axle parts. I'm running short on info about transfer cases and weather I can bolt one to my trans or if I have to buy another trans with 4x4 set up... Paint_it_wet@hotmail.com any info would be great!

trollin, he started with 4wd. You will not be able to bolt t-case to your 2wd transmission. You will need a 4wd's tranny and then a Tcase.

If I change my trans I will need 4wd trans computer too I'm guessing? Thanks for the info.

Back