Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2007 May 19-20 Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll volunteer to show the newbies how it's NOT supposed to be done :D

LOL. We were all in the same boat the first time we went out there. :D

Gerald, count me in for some brainstorming. Maybe we can give it a family approach like camp jeep. The trip is worth it even if you don't wheel. We can put together some geology and paleontology trips for families. We need to get some new blood. Don't you think old friend?:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The first time I went (in '05) I was just a passenger. Even after driving 7500 miles the previous 10 days, I had a blast. So much so, that I converted my truck over to 4wd and went out there this past May. And if everything goes as hoped, I'll be out there this year with/without the truck (depending on when I get back stateside).

i would love to get out there this summer. i could make it if i saved up and didnt buy the lockers.

oh wow. check this out if i came:

for me to drive there.

Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 2 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 1605.81 miles

You'll more than likely be going right by me on your way, if you want to go, we can caravan from Jonesboro- (which is just on the other side of Memphis)

You'll more than likely be going right by me on your way, if you want to go, we can caravan from Jonesboro- (which is just on the other side of Memphis)

i have been doing some math and right now i am going to wait till next year. i will be locked and hopefully have better axle shafts. i expect to spend two days driving and spending over 800 dollars in gas. im not expecting to be able to get the money up in such a short time.

I stopped by Moab on the way home from Salt Lake City the other day, just to show you all how much you can do in Moab with a stock vehicle.

So I ran Hells Revenge . . .

. . . in my Focus. :cool:

SANY0009.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

J/K :D

Seriously though, check out all the great pics I took from my half day there.

http://www.jefethegreat.com/focus/pics_06/12-05-06_Moab/

so are we gonna get to see a sas's focus

And if everything goes as hoped, I'll be out there this year with/without the truck (depending on when I get back stateside).

We'll get your truck there and if we have too, we'll pick you up at the Salt Lake City Airport. I already have a plan for this, just need to find a second trailer and we'll be golden.:thumbsup:

Well my wife and I are planning on making this trip. We'll know once it gets just a little closer for sure. We have to be sure the in laws are willing to watch the kids. So we'll likey sign up very soon. Looking forward to seeing all of you there, we had a very good time in 2004.

Jefe--I no tink your burrito is wrapped rite.

We'll get your truck there and if we have too, we'll pick you up at the Salt Lake City Airport. I already have a plan for this, just need to find a second trailer and we'll be golden.:thumbsup:
Well it looks like I won't be going now. :fire: As it stands now the first of us will be leaving 17 May and everyone out by 2 June. Add a couple of days in Kuwait and another week in Virginia plus flight time. I think they have me scheduled on the last flight out. :mad:

I guess I'll be looking forward to the next T-Haven run as I'll be moving to San Diego in July.:cool:

:fire: Well that just sucks. :fire: Sorry to here that. Well until then, stay safe and don't get :salute: :shoot:

Cool another socal local to go wheeling with.

For sure:thumbsup: It'll be too hot for T-haven in July but we still got good ol Big Bear in the mtns for the summer and hopefully we can get a Rubicon trip going...but that's another thread:D

I'm not going to commit to Moab trip just yet but i'm 99% sure i'll be able to make it.

i would love to get out there this summer. i could make it if i saved up and didnt buy the lockers.

oh wow. check this out if i came:

for me to drive there.

Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 2 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 1605.81 miles

For me:
28 hours, 20 minutes; 1877 miles

:eek: :D

LOL. We were all in the same boat the first time we went out there. :D

Gerald, count me in for some brainstorming. Maybe we can give it a family approach like camp jeep. The trip is worth it even if you don't wheel. We can put together some geology and paleontology trips for families. We need to get some new blood. Don't you think old friend?:salute:

I sure do :thumbsup: I like the family/camp jeep type of thing. Like I had said, if my wife and 8 yr old stepson make it out we'll hit the trail with the dinosaur footprints on it for sure, and there's plenty of geology and paleontology out there.... also Indian petroglyphs and other family type stuff to explore.

I remember the Colorado Colors Run in 2001 at Ouray. Wabbit [who remembers him?] got some diploma/certificate stock paper to print on and printed out "I survived Black Bear Pass" certificates suitable for framing to those of us that ran that trail. It was a thoughtful clever idea and they looked great. Now when I saw the Top of the World photo it made me think of getting some certificate paper and any newbies/stockers that drove to the Top of the World and got a photo, we could print the photo on some sort of "I Fourwheeled to the Top of the World" certificate. With all of the laptops that will be there I bet someone could also bring a portable color printer and we could make them immediately. Simple, easy, and kind of silly - but hey it's something a little different and just hokey enough to be fun.

I don't know if that's a stupid idea or not, but you said to start brainstorming.... so there's a brainfart to start off with, LOL :)

I check with the powers that be and she is a go for attending. unless my sister decides to get married around the same time.

Just need to regear and get lockers. see ya there.
Maybe I'll meet up with Jamie and convoy across Co.

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool another socal local to go wheeling with.

Yep, I'll be transfering in June/July and will be down there around July/August. Seeing as how I'm getting screwed out of my Moab vacation :fire: ; I'm trying to take a August vacation at Sturgis :D . We'll see. Otherwise I'll be looking for the impossible in San Diego: someplace to live that can accomodate my Ranger, a full size truck, a motorcycle and a 20-25' trailer, be less than $1300/month and prefferablely with a garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back