Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09

...Sorry, I am still out on vacation time and the mobile version doesn't work as well as it used to...:thumbdwn:

...For the sign being posted that the camping was full, it was actually empty out there...It looked like a Tuesday in April at the campgrounds on the beach..:dunno:

...The car show on the other hand was Humongous...I kept thinking everyone went there and would be coming back to the dunes but it never happened...

...My X did it's last run for a while but, I was really happy that is was Pismo that I took it to...It was empty on the dunes for the night run and you could do whatever and where ever as there was nobody to run into or watch out for..It kind of reminds me of a song by..:scratch:..."Smashing Pumpkins"...

...I will post the pics when I get them of the night run...
_________________________________________________________________________________________

..Brief Trip Report..
Traffic- I made it up there in 4 hrs. doing 65 on friday and I didn't leave till 11 a.m....The drive home took 4hrs. 15 min...Virtually no traffic either way...

Weather - Perfect and the drive home Sunday on the coast was exceptional...
Gas at home $2.89
Gas at Pismo $3.05

Music and theme for the weekend...Jethro Tull and Stevie Ray Vaughn...:D

...Chevron Station has been completely remodeled and is even better than before...Easy in and out with two free air hoses that fill your tires even faster, at each side of the pumps = 4 per pump..:biggthump

...The Cantina by the Dunes is adding some square footage for it's customers...:biggthump...The County made them redo their parking with planters so parking is half of what it was and the spaces are like compact parking...:thumbdwn:

...There are a lot of the small restaurants and business's that have, due to the economy, gone out of businees for good...:(

...I'm still hoping we will get to see the pics from the night run...:popcorn:

Back