• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

mrj22211

Reaction score
City, State
La Habra hts, CA
hey guys im RJs friend!
even though there wasnt many on the trip we had a pretty good time, nice to meet you tim
-justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Justin, long time no see...:D

...anxiously awaiting pics...:popcorn:

mrj22211

Reaction score
City, State
La Habra hts, CA
hey man! ya its been awhile! i just picked up a 4runner sas on 35's yesterday!
rj and lifegaurd got some pics i didnt bring my camera! =p

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Cool, R.J. mentioned you had been looking for one...:shifty_ey ...Just don't let froader see it, he might want it for himself...:D...I can't wait to see it and Congrats..:thumbsup:

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
hay Justin thanks for letting me ride with you. i really didn't think anything would break in the sand. o well lol.

sorry i didn't get any pics of your new ride. i think R.J. has them.

i have to say mine did OK till the hub blew.i got stuck again after you guys left lol.:rolleyes:but be for that it did OK.

and on with some pics!:D
100_2812.jpg

100_2818.jpg

100_2815.jpg

100_2820.jpg

100_2819.jpg

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...It looks like the weather was great...Did you both get stuck at camp??? The next to last pic looks like R.J. is stuck by the tents...:scratch:

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...More like withdrawls...:confused:

...I wish I was there...:(

mrj22211

Reaction score
City, State
La Habra hts, CA
its cool man!
i finally got my 4runner froader lol let me know when you wanna hit up big bear

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...lol, I forgot you were sinking too...:D

...Nice rear flex on the ranger though...:thumbsup:

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
haha! yes but i will let him tell you his story.lol i got stuck tryin to help pull him out.

but that was alot of the weekend. the pic your talkin about was this morning befor we left, and befor the wind picked back up.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Aw, c'mon...Spill the beans...:D

Dollxface

Reaction score
City, State
sacramento, cali
hey guys...
im lifeguards girl lol

pismo was awsome except for the wind

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Welcome here Dollxface, and I'm glad you guys and gals enjoyed yourselves...:D

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
hey guys, haven't been on the site since the trip. i took a few picks and they're loaded onto the computer at jim's house, but his internet's not working :rolleyes:

can't wait for part duex, it's gonna be great and this trip just made me look forward to it even more.

the trip was bi-polar, horrible and then great! started off with me and justin sleeping in a bit, and then driving up to the beautiful beach of pismo. we found lifguard (tim and his girl sarah) and got stuck a few feet away from camp :rolleyes: oncew we got out of the car we noticed the wind was about 100MPH and it was cold and we didn't bring any jackets. oh well we set up our tent and through everything in it and headed out for a run. had fun for a good 20 minutes. saw some friends we new on dezertrangers and then noticed a clunking sound. found that a u-joint lost a cap so it was 2wd for the resto of the trip. maybe ten minutes later we got stuck up on a hill that tim couldn't get up, so we "tried" putting it in 4x4 to get unstuck and ended up breaking the axle and a hub :( tim had to charge the hill hard and came rescued us :thumbsup: winds were ridiculous and sand was out of control! i think the wind was at least as band if not worse than the truck haven redemption run :eek: after we replaced the hub, me and justin went and met up with some of the dezertranger guys we knew and had some 2wd fun. that part of the trip was alot of fun cause we didn't get stuck too much and there was a really built 4wd tundra to pull us out if we got stuck. so we did a lot of bowls, burms, drifting etc. but eventualy i broke my rear shock mounts again :eek: bummer bummer. me and justin decided to head home that night because the car was pretty broke and the guy justin was trying to get ahold of that was selling a 4runner never answered his phone. us and lifeguard went into town to escape the wind and somehow me and justin east a whole x-large pizza. when we came back to camp it was like a completely different atmosphere. the wind was gone, it wasn't to cold, it was calm and peaceful and justin got ahold of the 4runner guy. so we decided to stay the night and justin bought his 86 sas 4runner and the trip actually turned out pretty good :thumbsup:

so i really think the trip turned out fun, i really liked it at the end. although me and tim must have gotten stuck a million times, in camp! (not to mention justin never got stuck and he had full tire pressure) the begining bummed me a bit, but camping out at the beach was fun. Tim and Sarah were real nice and made the trip turn out nice.

Tim, thanks for bein cool, bringing firewood and lettin me cook up some pasta! good luck with the little guy on the way.

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
hey guys im RJs friend!
even though there wasnt many on the trip we had a pretty good time, nice to meet you tim
-justin
whoa no way! your an explorerforum member? but you hate ford :p:

mrj22211

Reaction score
City, State
La Habra hts, CA
i dont hate ford!!! geee dont tell all these ford guys this!

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
justin hates ford, justin hates ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tbars4 Pismo beach-Part Deux August 10-12 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 249
Hbrichman Ocotillio Wells and Pismo Beach Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
Tbars4 Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 123
mounty71 Pismo Beach anyone? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
W Pismo Beach Jan 14-16 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
C pismo beach run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
G Pismo beach, San Luis obispo, Lake Lopez Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
S CenCal pismo?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
C Return from Pismo-Part deux '07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Tbars4 Return from Pismo Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
FROADER Pismo the weekend of June 2nd. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
FROADER Pismo on August 12th & 13th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
FROADER Will be in Pismo, Aug 12-14 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 18
C Pismo Dunes Memorial Day Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
jimbo74 I'm Going To Pismo!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
C Pismo Dunes Camp and Mob. May 20th '05. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
C pismo run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
B pismo memorial day weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
C Pismo Dune Meet Jan.30th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 91
C Pics from Pismo Dec.12 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
C Dec.12 Pismo Dune MeeT Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
C PICS!! FUN DAY @ Pismo Dunes w/clarkkent Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 10
C Pismo Dunes, CA Oct. 25-26 Meet Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 208
C Pismo Dunes, CA Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
M 4x4 beach passes? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
T Brigatine beach nj 4x4 parade ? anybody going ? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
T [Apr 7, 2012] ANNUAL 4X4-ATV RALLY APRIL 7-2012 MYRTLE BEACH AREA (ash, nc) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Wills05xlt4x4 Wanted oregon inlet camp/ 4x4 beach trip oct 21-23 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
Wills05xlt4x4 Wanted Everyone please voice concern to keep hatteras beach open to 4x4! Deadline 9/19/2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
F OBX beach driving Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
T Anyone know any off road trail close to Huntington Beach? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S anyone wanna help in in the va beach area? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
V Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 106
P End of Summer Beach Run Ocean Shores Wa Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
N Bear Lake Run/whoops/beach baja! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 22
M Where to go beach driving on the eastern shore area of VA or MD? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
C Road Trip to Rosarito Beach!? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Spas August 23/24 Long Beach Island, NJ Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
M Does anyone know where there is beach access for 4x4ing in North Carolina? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
M Where to go offroad in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Stic-o Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 192
A next naches trip part ll Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
C Pick Your Part Sale Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Stolle Local Part out. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
F SAS part out feeler Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
Stic-o Pick A Part finds... Includes D-44, and MAn T-case. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
R.J. Pick Your Part 50% Off Sale Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
aeaglenfitch 2008 NWE gathering PART 2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Tbars4 Cage Building Party Part Deux??? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
G Cape Cod! part deux Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8