Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09

...If you see something like this...
hpim3218iv8.jpg

...Hanging out the widow of something like this...
thjan084bnz4.jpg

...I will be in the passenger seat...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am deffinately not going now. My girls car that I am driving just spun a rod bearing and I am back to being on foot again.:thumbdwn::mad:

...That is a lot worse than the head gasket you were thinking it could be...:(

...I am still waiting on a customer to meet with me this evening...:scratch:...They are running unusually late...

...That is a lot worse than the head gasket you were thinking it could be...:(

...I am still waiting on a customer to meet with me this evening...:scratch:...They are running unusually late...

Well the BMW has either a blown head gasket or a bad water pump and my girls car that I have ben borrowing has just spun a rod bearing.:rolleyes:

Damn that sux man. my buddy that was suposta roll with me just blew the motor in his truck in san jose. we towed it back to fresno with a 250 and a trailor. it was a funny site. TBars if you can hit the forum up later tonight and let me know if your gonna be able to make it. I got watch tonight and I wont be back till late.I am gonna check on here before i leave in the morning.

....I has arrived...:burnout:

...I got here about 3 and the camping is full...I got one of the last campsites just off the beach..I have no idea if Essex is here but I have already played in the dunes...:biggthump

....It is sunny and gorgeous out...But I warn you, the breeze coming off the water is arctic...:cool:

...I just sent you a pm...;)

...If you have Essex4x4's phone number, can you let him know I made it and you can forward my number to him...

I'm hoping Clarkkent will make his appearance also..:shifty_ey...I'm heading to town to find some Lumpia....

...I just sent you a pm...;)

...If you have Essex4x4's phone number, can you let him know I made it and you can forward my number to him...

I'm hoping Clarkkent will make his appearance also..:shifty_ey...I'm heading to town to find some Lumpia....

I envy you guys being able to go to Pismo.:rolleyes:

...I finally got to accidently meet a few members of another forum (ORR) and some guys from Four Wheeler Magazine...They were out scouting for DR's huckfest site from last weekend after they had seen their videos......They will be holding a huckfest of their own tomorrow...:burnout:

...I have never seen so much caution tape marking off so many huge campsites...I just came off the beach and there are hardly any vehicles at all out there...:scratch:...They all must be arriving real late tonight or in the a.m....:dunno:

...I've counted about 10 sammy's out here and I wish I had a dollar for every stuck vehicle I've seen so far...Did I mention that high tide was coming in and there was only driving in the surf as the trailers are getting swamped??..There is one lane in and out thru the water by the pier gate, and there is one Ranger standing out in the middle directing traffic...:D

...It is perfect bonfire weather though...:biggthump

:ttiwwp:

HI There ;)

pismo_day_1_001.jpg

pismo_day_1_002.jpg

...Nice wheels but one of them cracked..:D
pismo_day_1_003.jpg

...So I followed the sand plow back to his camp...
pismo_day_1_004.jpg

...Ye old camp away from home...Showers, laundry, and right between pier and grand...
pismo_day_1_005.jpg

...I was talking to one of the concession people on the beach today and they said things got interesting last night as the high tide relocated a lot of people..hahaha...:p:...She said it was un-usually high and will be higher tonight and even higher tomorrow night...

...The dunes are pretty quiet as it looks like a normal weekday of this time of year...:dunno:

...A few of the Sammy's out here ...
pismo_car_show_001.jpg

...I must have forgot to mention that the dates of this Pismo run was based on the Pismo Car Show..They have about 800 entries alone for this event and it is held in downtown Pismo...Every type of vehicle you could think of is there and they are packed in like sardines...

I did see a slammed Ranger I liked but I couldn't get my camera out fast enough...:(

...I wish I had a sound clip of this Ford...It sounded like it had twin V8's uncorked...:D
pismo_car_show_002.jpg

pismo_car_show_003.jpg

...This is just one of the parking lot's on the outskirts of the show...Where the main event is happening all you can see is people, unless you are actually touching the cars...
pismo_car_show_004.jpg

...The line to even get to downtown was huge...
pismo_car_show_005.jpg

....I met up with Puzo83 and his victim for the day...:biggthump

...He will be sending me some pics as his camera takes a lot better pics than mine...As for me, I can barely walk today...:(...I pulled something in my hip so I'm down for the count....

...On to the pics...Puzo 83(in the middle)
pismo_sat_nite_006.jpg

...The "not as pretty as last nites: sunset..
pismo_sat_nite_005.jpg

...Puzo83 and my, X's together...
pismo_sat_nite_001.jpg

pismo_sat_nite_002.jpg

pismo_sat_nite_003.jpg

Good pictures! I had a great time out there. After you left and as I went down to the next gate there were two tacoma's stuck chained together. I hooked up and pulled them both out and kept goin until they were on harder sand about 100 feet down. Wish I got that on camera!

As for me, I can barely walk today...:(...I pulled something in my hip so I'm down for the count....

Time for those electric lift steps now ;)

Time for those electric lift steps now ;)

...I had something pinching saturday afternoon...I had a gorgeous sunny drive home along the coast Sunday and Monday, I woke up with a pinched nerve on my left side and a groin pull too...It actually felt like I cracked my hip...I honestly don't know what I did...:dunno:

...I am walking today but I had a great time...I did manage to plow a sand wall with my front bumper but it didn't slow me down and I made the climb...:biggthump

...I took it easy on the X running single shocks up front but I managed to find out it's time to take the sawzall to the fenders again and the X has a pull to the right...I'll be seeing Firestone pretty soon...

...I will post the other pics as soon as Puzo83 emails them to me..;)

Tbars, I will email you them soon. I cant do it from work otherwise you would have them already.

...No problem...:biggthump

...I will be on and off this week but I will post them a.s.a.p....

Sounds good!

I am glad your doin better bud.

My truck ran great on the ride back that night. So much smoother since we fixed them bushings!!! I cant belive I put them in there like that.

I got my machine shop making me custom titanium sway bar end links as we speek! seeings how I keep snapping them!!!! maybe I should not try and jump a 5 thousand pound truck 10 feet in the air! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back