Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
For all that are not here your missing out on a helluva run!

weather was great today trails were awesome if albeit a tad muddy at times.
lotsa pics and videos were taken.

trail damage was not to bad today Rockranger popped a bead and had an electrical gremilin I Myself bent the spare tire carrier and Jobunn busted a brake line.

EDIT forgot that Maniak may have terminally bent his hi lift out here too:D

attendees
Maniak w/friend Rick
BKennedy and Family
Jobunn Clan
Cybergasm
Grant00
Rockranger
DB1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got home awhile ago but what a great day:thumbsup:

Weather was perfect, crystal clear and warmed up nicely. The snow on the mtns. was incredible. From my house i can see the San Jacinto and Big Bear mtns., they were covered top to bottom.

Muckhaven wasn't as bad as i expected it to be. If I were to describe the conditions it would be moist with pockets of mud. The best part of it is there was NO DUST:D
The main washes and the notches seemed to be the wettest.

Speaking of the notches, they are for the most part the same BUT with the water that rushed through there it carved a little gully out at the bottom which was at times a foot and a half deep with soft mud inside of it. There was really only one spot in the notches that had really sloppy gooey mud which Jobunn found but it was only about hubs deep and he was able to drive through it without issues.
The rains definitely made things interesting but I think things will get flattened back out soon enough:rolleyes:

I've got some pics i'll post up after I go through them tomorrow.

Pics

View from my house looking at San Jacinto mts.
se_2010_1.jpg

On the road
se_2010_2.jpg

Camp
se_2010_3.jpg

On the trail
[

View from Marina dr. camp area
se_2010_11.jpg

Mud in the notches
se_2010_12.jpg

Matt losing a bead in the notches
se_2010_13.jpg

se_2010_14.jpg

Another group playing in the notches
se_2010_15.jpg

Stic-o's favorite rock to pivot on
se_2010_21.jpg

se_2010_21.jpg

Well the pond arond the rock would make it interesting:D

Looks like it was great out there! Makes me kick myself even more for parking under that stupid tree:(:banghead:

Ranger X needs to carve that totem pole!!!!!!

Anyone still out there? Dave needs help

Dave is stuck on a hill at the waterfall. He is on an angle where the fuel is in front of tank, and pump cant reach fuel, so no engine. He is ok, but wedged in good at a 40* angle facing downwards. Dave got a hold of DB1, and help is on the way.

...He is wheeling out there by himself???

Made it home and caught my flight this morning to Virgina. Had a good time out there. I need some beadlocks.

I made it up the center of the waterfall but was denied on CJ Hill. DB1 was denied the center of waterfall but went up CJ hill. Go Figure.

Wheeling by yourself a great idea......

He must be cause we left for home at the same time. We got in about an hour ago. Great weather yesterday and today was warm and sunny.
Went sightseeing today over in the State Park. Got back after a few hours, packed up and headed home.

The wife took about a million pictures. I need to sort though them and post some here later.

Had a great time.
On the way out it was snowing hard in Ranchita at the top of the grade above Borrego. I now do not like the feeling of losing traction with the RV while going 35 miles per hour down hill.

Got back a few hours ago. i'll post some pics I have a little later. I had a great time and I cant wait for the next run :D and lets see some more pictures from everyone!

Is dave out? I'm still only 35 miles away.

~Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

I just talked to dave. DB1 got him out..

~Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back