Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven OCT 2009

van in the ditch...

:thumbsup:oh my god:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the R.J. crew got home around 4 today. man what a great weekend!

it was meeting some new poeple and off-roading/hangin out with the all the EF guys. saturday run with the big doggs was a blast! pretty much drove around finding fun lines to go through. thanks Matt for leading :thumbsup:

also gotta give a shout out to Steve for leading the friday night run. that was great start to the weekend.

it was a good turn out for trucks, and there was a nice size group of "TH parts exchange" guys. it was like a swap meet of only cool truck parts. a truck was sold/bought, tires, trannies, t-cases, lift kits were all exhanged (and a diff cover :D)

dannyboy showed up for friday night campfire. made tequilla drinks, threw a chair in the fire, and plenty of other antics.

i didnt have a camera but ill try to get all the pics my friend cody took.

only complaint i have with this trip is......
1) i didnt break anything
2) i didnt have body damage
3) i didnt even get stuck!!!
what kind of trip is that?!

great weekend :)

forgot to add an amazing midnight snack from last night too :p:

Haha.

I made it back a few hours ago, and had a great time! Thanks to everyone that brought food for the potluck dinner, it was all delicious. And thanks to those of you who let me ride along in your trucks. It was great meeting some new people and seeing others from past trips. Next time we need someone to call a driver's meeting since Char wasn't there, there was some confusion about the saturday run for some of us and what CB channel to be on. Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to the next TH trip, hopefully for turkey day. Hope the KS crew has a safe and quick drive home.

I have a few mediocre pics and videos i'll get up later.

Yeah but you got to go for a fun ride down CJ hill.

Now hurry up and get your doubler in so we can go to the hammers.

and there was a nice size group of "TH parts exchange" guys. it was like a swap meet of only cool truck parts. a truck was sold/bought, tires, trannies, t-cases, lift kits were all exhanged (and a diff cover :D)

add to that One Cell Phone that Changed hands also but sadly my Powertank did not make it to Truckhaven :(

but i am sure i will get it later tho ;)

That shower felt goooood!!

Great time, even though I came home without my truck. Definitely a bittersweet feeling, but after hearing Mark talk and seeing a perma-smile on the KS crew's faces all weekend, it's more sweet than bitter as I know it's going to a good home. :thumbsup: I did sneak in a quick run with Matt, Jim and Chris through the ditches before they showed up on Friday evening.
shh.png
:D

As usual, it was good seeing the old faces (literally to some of you :p:) and meeting the new guys.

I misplaced my camera Saturday morning but I took a bunch of pics with JT's camera throughout the day.

Here's to hoping the KS crew has a trouble free trip home and some cool stories of their KS-to-CA-to-KS adventure.

This is the last picture I got of "my trucks."

IMG_7065.jpg

..As for the "Not so Big Dog's" run, the newbies got caught up with the "Big Dog" crowd...:dunno:...That left a small but very capable group for this run.

..Before I go on any further, I must give prop's to Zach, Mounty71's dad...He took on the rock canyon, the ditches in the back side, and some nasty little switchbacks and big hill climbs in his J**P...My hat's off to you...:salute:

...This small group consisted of...

Rick
Fakrwee
PaulB
Zach
Dave Alfaro and the ladies
Tbars4

...Talk about some guys who know thing or two about Explorers and wheeling...These guys are the "Big Dogs"...It was my honor to have you guys in this group..For those who don't know who they are, do a quick name search...:notworthy:

...I think we all had a blast Exploring all over the place...Tell me these two weren't having fun...:D

PaulB and Fakrwee...
newbie_09_010.jpg

..The rigs...
newbie_09_011.jpg

...Lunch at the Calcite mine...Fakrwee, Rick, PaulB, and trail boss Harley...
newbie_09_015.jpg

newbie_09_016.jpg

...I was amazed as this was the only area, the beginning of the rock canyon, that there was any spotting needed...Zach's J**P..
newbie_09_005.jpg

..Dave Alfaro and Ladies...
newbie_09_009.jpg

...And PaulB pointing out Fakrwee's tire tracks, and lack of, on the cliffs edge...
newbie_09_021.jpg

newbie_09_022.jpg

...And how the trail boss rode home...
newbie_09_051.jpg

..Before I go on any further, I must give prop's to Zach, Mounty71's dad...He took on the rock canyon, the ditches in the back side, and some nasty little switchbacks and big hill climbs in his J**P...My hat's off to you...:salute:

I wish i was there with the group to see. My dad doesn't come on here but i'll send him the link to this thread.

Also, Saturday morning when i lost track of both groups of trucks, roadkill found me and we took the wash way back into the hills where it got pretty narrow and rocky. He was in his stock 2wd F150 on stock tires, which did pretty well for a truck of that size. So Colin, based on how that truck did, i expect to see your F150 on the trails next time. :)

...This reminds me...It was requested I get a dummy steering wheel on the passenger side of my Ranger...My reply, "But what would it mean if we are turning in the opposite direction???"...:p:
rte66011.jpg

...But honestly, Thanks Rick, for creating such a great site where so many good people could gather and share the same love for their Ranger's and Explorer's, and all the fun we have with them...:salute:

forgot to add an amazing midnight snack from last night too :p:

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh yeah! the 4 am hot dog and quesadilla bbq. that was fun

and also, the pot luck was delicious! ribs, carne asada, cheese n bean dip, cobbler, german chocolate cake, banana bread, pie, etc. etc.

and we watched spaceballs and transformers 2

Wow...what a blast. 640 pictures later, i think i can say i was the official photographer on the "big dawgs run". I was curious if anyone knows how to upload more than 3 pictures at a time to the website or should i just go to photobucket. (im not uploading all 640), just chose some of the best:)

...The food, OMG, the food...I don't think I have ever had so much good food in front of me at one time...I O.D.'d on all the food and was out for the count after the movies..:confused:

...:shifty_ey ...There was also so homemade Pecan Pie...Mmmm, and I'm having some now...:D

Wow...what a blast. 640 pictures later, i think i can say i was the official photographer on the "big dawgs run". I was curious if anyone knows how to upload more than 3 pictures at a time to the website or should i just go to photobucket. (im not uploading all 640), just chose some of the best:)

No we want to see them all so you better get cracking on Photobucket :p:;)

...The food, OMG, the food...I don't think I have ever had so much good food in front of me at one time...I O.D.'d on all the food and was out for the count after the movies..:confused:

...:shifty_ey ...There was also so homemade Pecan Pie...Mmmm, and I'm having some now...:D

ahah i was wondering what was up with that last night. We were sitting around the fire last night and we were like "where is Ted?" checked the back of the Ranger and You and Harley were out for the count.

Photos

Heres a taste, i chose the best shots, i will get posting some later.
DSC00025.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00213Crop.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

..It didn't help staying up for Dannyboy's lounge act the night before...But at least he didn't have to carry home the bottle of Bacardi, with my Krawlers...:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice photos Chris. You are now the official unofficial photographer for runs. Did you (or anyone for that matter) happen to get a video of my attempts on CJ hill. Having a discussion at home about how light the front end did or did not come to going ass over tea kettle. A video would help see who is more correct.

Back